Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Spark Plugs are you guys using and where did you get them? Also what oil are you guys using? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Stock plugs and Honda oil

·
Registered
537 Posts
The NGK plug that is called for in the manual. I had to order mine from O'Reilly auto parts. The dealer wants $3.50 each for them, got them for $1.99 at O'Reilly. I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
NGK is a quality plug, About the only need to change from the stock is if you ran higher compression and needed a cooler plug

·
Registered
537 Posts
NGK is about the best you can get for this application. I use them in my 1000+ HP Supra and BMW 335 exclusively.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Those inline 6's are bulletproof.

One of the fastest street cars a while back was a 9 second supra.
I was just kidding. Yes, the inline 2jz is bullet proof. I have pretty good experience racing these motors.

When I was street racing with a Supra back in the day, before the fast and furios bs movie hit the scence, the big block crowd never knew what hit him them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
No. Just a 100 shot off the line so I can get going off the line. It's just a street toy, not a drag car. I drag raced it last year and managed a [email protected] 1/8th launching on a 100 shot on M/T drag radials. It's capable of more mph but no sense in pushing it with suspension tuned to handling. I wasn't able to do a full 1/4 because i ended up getting kicked off the track because I don't have a cage.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No. Just a 100 shot off the line so I can get going off the line. It's just a street toy, not a drag car. I drag raced it last year and managed a [email protected] 1/8th launching on a 100 shot on M/T drag radials. It's capable of more mph but no sense in pushing it with suspension tuned to handling. I wasn't able to do a full 1/4 because i ended up getting kicked off the track because I don't have a cage.

picture of my 1800+ HP all turbo no nitrous 2JZ motor next to the 700xx

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nice! That looks like about an 80mm turbo. How much boost are you pushing? Gotta be over 30lbs.

·
Registered
425 Posts
haha jk..but back on topic.

I just use the stock plugs and the Honda racing oil for now.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts