Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I have been riding with the big three for a month or so and i havent thought of checking the sparkplugg untill now. What should the color of the sparkplugg look like? Is this ok, and what about the exhaust isnt there a little bit to much of soot? I have the quiet core in and the settings of the efi is just like EHS recommend.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
You are rich...it should be like a brown paper bag color...I have seen worse.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Your spark plug is the best indicator to see if you're lean or rich. Your exhaust tip isn't. You need to put in a NEW plug, run it a bit and then check color. Paper bag brown is what you want... NOT white (lean) or black(ish) (rich). You can lean out a bit by going down .5 on your green, yellow and red settings... I do this all the time when I ride at altitude... on the side of the trail in less than 5 min.

roadkill

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, i am gonna buy me a new sparkplug and adjust the settings and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Make sure to do the plug read correctly, you can research on line. I warm mine up a bit with the old plug. Put in the new plug. Take off and wind it out. Clutch it and kill it at WOT. Check the plug, should be a fuzzy tan. You can do the same at other throttle positions as well if you are concerned about midrange too. Use a new plug every read. You can use them later, but it is best to have a clean slate for each read.

The exhaust isn't a real good indicator, but black is way better than clean. If you are clean then you can stand to be richer, but you can't really tell if you are too rich by this unless it is very obvious. Mine is black, the plug looks just like I like it, it runs great and way cooler than stock.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Wood Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Macro photography
Could anyone help me out with this one.
This was used at last dirt oval. Alot of idle when queuing then flat out when racing.
The engine was warmed up to the point of frying.
My plug has been the same for the last 12 months no matter what I race.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
View attachment 3134
Could anyone help me out with this one.
This was used at last dirt oval. Alot of idle when queuing then flat out when racing.
The engine was warmed up to the point of frying.
My plug has been the same for the last 12 months no matter what I race.
The fuel injector only sprays from one side. Looks good to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts