Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought you guys would want to see the new X-6 Racing Sparks exhaust. I will do a full review of the exhaust this weekend. I will say it was harder to install than the Barkers, but not by much. Sparks will send you a free pc3 or pc5 map with purchase, i asked about the Dobeck and they laughed and said sorry lol. The sound clip can be found here.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5679

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Looks great, I cant wait to hear how well it performs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
why did you switch to this one?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
looks like the flange is thicker that way it wont bend, the barkers looks thinner, my barkers is bent. that looks like a real good quality exhaust, also it looks like you dont have to drill out rivets to repack it either. sparks builds some fast honda engines too. nice i like it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like the flange is thicker that way it wont bend, the barkers looks thinner, my barkers is bent. that looks like a real good quality exhaust, also it looks like you dont have to drill out rivets to repack it either. sparks builds some fast honda engines too. nice i like it.
You can't see it, but there is no springs that hold the exhaust together. The screws to repack the exhaust is what i like alot. Believe it or not the Sparks is quieter also.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hayden.. They sell different tips for it. Barker claims 103db and Sparks claims 101db. I have a open Barkers and the biggest tip for the Sparks. The Barkers is louder than the Sparks. I want to see the #s between the two lol.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Another thing you pointed out, is the Sparkes comes with 2 longer 450r exhaust head studs, that's how they made the flange thicker:hey: And also requires no exhaust gasket lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Boost what do you plan on doing with your second xx? You plan on one trail bike, one dunner? I know if I had your first set up I'd be happy.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i wonder why it took them so long to put it up on there web site.. that pipe has been out for over a year now just hasnt been seen much

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You might want to throw a washer on the top silencer mounting bolt. That looks a lot like the old Cobra mounting system and I have had those where the bolt pulled through the aluminum after a year or two of use. Thought it might save you some trouble down the road. That does look sweet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good Looking System Both Nice Ride's.:yay:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You might want to throw a washer on the top silencer mounting bolt. That looks a lot like the old Cobra mounting system and I have had those where the bolt pulled through the aluminum after a year or two of use. Thought it might save you some trouble down the road. That does look sweet.
Thanks for pointing that out, I put some dielectric grease on the bolt with a little locktite on the nut, but forgot the washer lol. Thanks guys for the compliments!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
So it's now over a year later. Which do you like best?

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol wish i had a spare xx kicking around

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yea be nice, one for drag and one for trails.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.