Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, so don't tell me to search.

Does anyone other than Boost Addict have the Sparks exhaust? I was curious if anyone knows if it will clear the PRM Desert grab bar. I'm thinkin about picking up the X-6 and it was just something that crossed my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have it, although I don't know if it will clear the PRM grab bar. It does come up flush with the stock grab bar though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like it?

If it's worth buying I might have to get creative with my grab bar.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also could you get some pics/measurements? Like from the mount bolt to the tip etc...

That way I can compare it to my stock one to see if it will work or not.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I have the Sparks X6 big core and love it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is the best place to buy?

I can only find it on their site and I only see the one option.

I don't want really loud, I just wanna open up the power within so I can put the 14t back on the front and still do fine in the tight trails. I hate how much the 13t kills the top speed. I'm topped out and my buddies are still in 4th.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I love my Sparks. I didn't think any aftermarket exhausts could be as loud and beautiful sounding like my Rincons Swamp Series XL. I was wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I just called sparks and ordered mine over the phone. The big core that Jody and I have is louder than the regular X6 and you can't run the quite core (I think sparks calls it a quite tip or something like that) on the big core either so you probably want to stick with the X6. The sparks is the best made exhaust for the XX that I've seen, I'm very happy with its sound, appearance and performance too.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i dont belive it will from pics ive seen you will have to notch out part of your grab bar. not 100% sure but i think my dmc exhaust is the only one that clears it and by that i mean i can silde a penny between the two.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just don't wanna have to completely cut out the support. Then it'd be pointless to have the wide bar. If a penny is all the clearance I have I'll be happy.

I don't mind grinding a little off the bottom side.

I guess there is only one way to find out. I'll probably be buying it and a PC5 either mid winter or in the spring. Got other projects I gotta finish first.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
The sparks exhaust is pretty loud, ill take some pics this afternoon and try and get them posted.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Boost Addict said it's pretty loud but his Barkers is even louder. Thats what turned me away from the Barkers. He posted vids of each and the Sparks sounds better as well.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gah I wish I still had my stock bar to hold up next to the PRM to eyeball it. :(

And the desert grab bar also raises up some too. It is like an inch higher than the stock bar.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yeah if you look at the next photo you can see where the tip exceeds the length of the grab bar.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Any good friend with a welder and cutoff wheel can extend your grab bar. Hell if you were closer id do it for you for a case of beer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts