Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my XX out for a spin on the gravel road to get the cobwebs out and I decided to let her have it as I was feeling the need for speed. Well, my Vapor was showing around 60 mph and then I started to laugh out of the blue because I just realized that I had another gear :nuts:. Oh my god... I put it into fifth gear and let her have it. I got to 69.3 mph. I could not stop laughing all of the way back home. The funniest part is when I got home I noticed a package that was left on my mail box. It was my Power Commander V :hey:. So top speed according to my Vapor with stock exhaust and a Yosh Slip on is 69.3. Cant wait to see what it will do with the PCV. The funny thing is I will never use all of this speed on the trails.... Maybe that is why I could not stop laughing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took my XX out for a spin on the gravel road to get the cobwebs out and I decided to let her have it as I was feeling the need for speed. Well, my Vapor was showing around 60 mph and then I started to laugh out of the blue because I just realized that I had another gear :nuts:. Oh my god... I put it into fifth gear and let her have it. I got to 69.3 mph. I could not stop laughing all of the way back home. The funniest part is when I got home I noticed a package that was left on my mail box. It was my Power Commander V :hey:. So top speed according to my Vapor with stock exhaust and a Yosh Slip on is 69.3. Cant wait to see what it will do with the PCV. The funny thing is I will never use all of this speed on the trails.... Maybe that is why I could not stop laughing.
I got on my Vapor 82 mph with full HMF exhaust and power commander

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd hate to see what my quad runs with the 13t front sprocket...I'd say mid 60's would be pushing it...but it sure does get there quick! lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
my buddy has a bone stock 700xx and mine has the 13t sprocket, i was running with no airbox lid and spark arrestor, and mine was faster all around, from 1st to wide open. i'm good for 80 MPH+ with my new 24x9x11 tires too.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I bet it would top out at around 70 with a 13t sprocket. Its not that big of a difference on the top end. If they say it'll do 80 stock I doubt it even takes 10mph away from the top speed. I've seen video's of dead stock xx's being clocked on radar at 76mph with more rpm's to go, but not enough road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea I had my girlfriend follow me in her car and mine got to 80mph:yay:. I have the spark arrestor out and a pciii. It really surprised me. I knew it was fast but I thought about 75 would be the max.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I raced my girlfriend on her wolverine 450 with her at 58 and me 10 lengths in front of her and still pulling at the top of 4th. I would guess I was nearing the 67-70 mph range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
clocked with my new tires on and 13t today. had the airbox lid and spark arrestor back in place though. hit 140kmph/80mph topped right out. i need a pipe and filter!

·
Registered
537 Posts
A pipe and filter won't get you anymore top speed, it'll only get you there faster. Your gearing is the limit of your top speed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah i just dont have enough power to need a bigger sprocket. pipe and filter + bigger front sprocket = 90mph maybe?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I doubt it. I would say you would need some motor work, cam, pipe, filter, programmer, and a bigger sprocket to get to 90+ mph.

·
Registered
108 Posts
im hitting 80 mph with a 13t sprocket, 24" tires and stock quad.. shouldnt take much to hit 90 i would think. i figured pipe, intake, programmer and a 14 or 15t sprocket and i'll be in trouble lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Topped out with a 14t it'll do 80 also. You have to also consider rev limit versus gearing. I do not think a stock motored xx will do 90 without serious mods. 10mph doesn't seem like much, but it's a lot when you look at what you're dealing with as far as wind resistance and power to weight.

·
Registered
445 Posts
What do you call "serious mods"........?

........I think 90mph with bolt on mods is not that much of an issue.

Just have a look at the evidence; Matlock was doing 90+ with bolt on's and a bigger t/b but he also said he was bouncing off the limiter..........90mph is fast but it's not ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The funny thing is I will never use all of this speed on the trails.... Maybe that is why I could not stop laughing.
THAT is why I dont mind having the 13t sprocket. I still have all that speed AND more low end. BRING ON THE TRAILS!!!!

with my old Big3, I did 70mph spinning across a sand bar in 5th.

On the pavement, My 4th gear topped out at 71mph. Didn't get to top out 5th, but I'm hearing that with the right mods its 90+mph with the stock sprocket.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Dont forget Wayne Matlock hit 89.7mph with head work, ported throttle body, cam and big 3. Stock internals. This quad is a BEAST!
I'm pretty sure he's gone faster than that now :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts