Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People who have engine mods done, what front sprocket are you running? Has anyone tried the 15t sprocket with engine mods to the XX? I was thinking 14t for tighter stuff and maybe trying the 15t on fast trails. If anyone has done any playing with this please let me know. I would love to hear the results.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
with a 15 ud be hittin 90+ mph... with stock 14t ull hit 87ish mph when the revlimiter kicks in

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well latky ive been doing a TON of road riden so goin 80mph bloin by cars doin 60 is fun... imagen goin 90

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if the 15t would lug even with the additional power?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ik crwh45 used a 15t for his build

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry, haven't really been on in a while. I use everything from a 13 to a 15. Currently I have a 15 on there. The last scramble I did was the first one w/ the build, and I used a 14, just due to it being tight and technical. I used the 13 a few weeks ago when I was climbing some mountains up Northern NY and VT. But I have been happy w/ the 15T, it doesn't really lug or anything. Imagine a stock, or maybe big 3, w/ a 13.5 if you could imagine that, thats what the 15 feels to me now. Not quite as crisp as a 13, but not luggish like a 14, a mix in between (comparing for a stockish set up as most people have tried those). I hope that makes sense, but of course I have a lot more than the big 3.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good. I will definately try the the 15t when I go to black river falls Wisconsin next year with my build

1 - 9 of 9 Posts