Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just installed a set of GBC x-rex tires(20x11x10rear and 21x7x10front) on my XX! Just wondering what set-up everyone with 20" rears are running with they're sprockets?? I dropped one tooth on the front when I was running my stockers, which is still whats on there now!! I havent got enough seat time yet to determine a opinion on this set-up with the 20s!! I mostly just trail ride with some occasional drag races!! So whats everyone running and how yall like it???

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I run the 14 tooth with my 20's but I have 60+ horsepower with my xx so that makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
theyre only like 10 bucks a piece and theyre really easy to swap. I'd say try a few and see what works best for you and where you ride.

I ride a lot of really tight trails so im actually running a 12t. Its a little too small but I will be putting 23" or 24" tires on soon so that should even it out.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'd say to go back to the 14t... perhaps even a 15t. You could try both for little $$ and see what works best for YOU. What others like and what works best for them may not be what is right for you, the type of riding you do and where you ride.

roadkill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea from what little i've rode it, it seemed to not pull as hard through 3rd and 4th with the 13tooth and 20"s I think I'll go back to the 14!! I dont have anyone around here to compare to in drag races to see which one would be the fastest in a drag race, I know on my old 400ex i was faster at the dunes with a minus 2 teeth on the front than a minus 1 tooth because i could do some 2nd gear starts, on the trails I would go back to a minus 1 tooth just seemed to pull harder and was more fun!! I just need a couple of of off days to get it figured out!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If you liked the 13T with the 22s, the 14T with the 20s is pretty close to that.
And a 16t when you run 18" rears. Gotta try it to believe it , this is what the xx gearbox was built for.IMO. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Baxter, you have to get a new chain for the 16T ?

If i feel like putting more money into into it, i may try the 16 with a set of 20s for the back like a set of paddles cause there soo light.

·
Registered
184 Posts
16T would be as high as i would go without major motor work, been tossing it around for a while.

I couldn't even imagine how fast it would be with a 17 or 18T on with stocker wheels with motor work done.

I don't think there would be enough room in the front for a 17T would there ? chain would be rubbing i think.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The 17t ain't to bad but you can't run a stock case saver . The 18t is a little tight (slightly underestimated). The mountings for the case saver have to be modified and it maybe have to built into the casings. The 16,17 and 18t front sprocket is for the 3 speed motor for the "rr"and running a 39t rear sprocket . You'll never get to 5th with stock tyres and a stock motor and exhaust. The "Big 3 " maybe but you will need alot of asphalt to do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts