Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my recently purchased 700XX down a dirt road to see what kind of top end she had and under accelleration the a$$ end seemed to wander side to side making it seem very unstable. The road wasn't really smooth with some studder bumps. Was this the irs in action? If so, do I need a stiffer rear sway bar? My 700 Grizzly never did this down the same road but it also didn't accellerate like the 700XX either. Any other possibilities??

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'd say to get a stiffer sway bar from Kyle. Very good product and a direct bolt on. You could change the sway bar in under 20min.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
mighty,
Be sure to use the recommended tire pressure until you get the hang of the machine.
Just a thought.
Sid

·
Registered
821 Posts
I know on any loose surface, let alone over bumps if I am at speed and hard on the throttle it tends to wander. But you are spinning. Don't try 5th pinned on any loose surface, the atv will go 75+. I have had mine to 80 stock(garmin gps).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check tire pressure tonight. Now that I think about it my 800 Renegade never did it either......

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
As Sid mentioned I'd check the tire pressure first. There's no reason for the quad to be loose in the rear unless there is something seriously wrong.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ive never had this problem with mine either. Ive had her at over 60mph on gravel with no problems.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have had this happen before on a few things whilst trying out some ideas.
Running a 23x8x11 BearKlaw rear tyre at 12psi on a shale fire road in 4th/ 5th.Put this one down to , to narrow tread pattern and to much psi in the tyre.
The second was running too low frame height on the front whilst playing on a mx track. Check youre frame height front and rear after doing everything in previous posts.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
sounds like you were riding on a dirt road hard packed with either gravel on top or loose topsoil on top them conditions will make the atv seem to wander or zig zag a little at full throttle just grip it hard and hold on my 400ex did that too in them conditions but the 700xx is alot faster and way more torque. all i can tell you is in them instances get your weight back over rear axle and that helps, hang your but over the seat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts