·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Motoworks is a good quality exhaust I think you'll be happy with it

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for replies, I'm still debating it. I don't know about the riveted exhaust. Or how the tuning would be with FMI vs. say the EHS Racing EFI.

Does anyone know if the big gun exhaust is a riveted style? Looks like what Matlock runs but I'm not for sure. I'd rather have a bolted one for re packing instead of drilling out rivets.

http://www.biggunexhaust.com/ex_atv_hon.html

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If you want screws instead of rivets the sparks exhaust is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fhibbs12

I thought the rear of the can came apart for packing? I see your bolts are up front. How often do you change your packing? I've herd everything from 20hrs to 2 years with out no problems.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been pretty lucky with it.

Have had the bile 2 years repacked only one time. Repacking is not hard at all if you got the tools.

A large C-Clamp to hold the canister in place and a "good" rivet gun. I had a generic gun and actually broke it tying to put the rivets in. Thats why you see the bolts in the back :)

I heard if you keep the pipe dry, especially when washing it, the packing lasts alot longer.

But I <3 the noise so I'll deal with repacking it :)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the way the Barkers looks on our 700's. But right now I'm thinking about the Big Gun Evo. Just wanting to find out if it is riveted style as well. If it is I will probably pay the extra for the Barkers, but if its bolt together for low $400. I'm thinking Big Gun. It would look sweet on the Red N Black 700's, but mines Black n Gray

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
motoworks is a better quality exhaust than the big gun in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
motoworks is a better quality exhaust than the big gun in my opinion.
The Motoworks is a few dollars cheaper than the Big gun. The big gun is not a riveted pipe. Would you suggest the fmi controller with the motoworks exhaust, and if I went with Big Gun the big gun power box? I'm torn on the riveted pipe, just looks like a pita to repack. I know you have and like the Sparks, but it's a bit pricey.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I had motoworks before I had the sparks and it is a good pipe I didn't run it for very long but I never had any problems with it. As far as controllers go I don't want to start another programmer war but if your are going to spend 200 bucks spend another 100 and get the pc5 you won't be sorry

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found one after some web searching for $279.95 just wanted to post link and make sure this is what your talking about before I purchase. And this looks like you need a laptop to tune, are there d/loadable maps that will get ya close? Here's link if you know another good place post a link. And thanks a ton!

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/cart.php

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay well I'm going to order that now and decide on exhaust later. I guess I used the link with item in cart, but you found it I see, And that was the best price I seen them like $359 I think.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Okay well I'm going to order that now and decide on exhaust later. I guess I used the link with item in cart, but you found it I see, And that was the best price I seen them like $359 I think.
Good man youll like that programmer, thats the best price that I have seen for those, when I ordered mine from fuel moto it was like 310.00 with tax and shipping.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Give these guys a call also. Shipped was 280-290.00 and arrived in 2 days. You have to call them, they don't list them on their site for the XX.

http://fuelmotousa.com/home.htm
Thanks but I allready ordered from Indy Super Bike.

Good man youll like that programmer, thats the best price that I have seen for those, when I ordered mine from fuel moto it was like 310.00 with tax and shipping.

Ive allready d/loaded the s/ware. I cant seam to get the maps to d/load. But from what I read they will be on a cd you get with the controller. And that the unit comes shiped for my quad stock setup, does this sound right? And what map do you have? Is it stock or for your sparks setup?
The options for this controller look sweet. Like the auto tune and the quick shifter, would be sweet for racing.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
The map that I have is for the sparks pipe but it will work fine with any full exhaust. You can plug the controller into your laptop, open the PC software and then click get map. This will pull the map from the controller and load it on your laptop, you can then look at fuel tables to see if a map is actually loaded on the controller. I can send you the map for my sparks exhaust, whenever you decide to put an exhaust on yours. You can go to dynojets website and pull a map from their files as well if im not mistaken.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, okay I am still trying to decide on a exhaust system. The best deal I can find is the Sr4 Motorworks, full system includes the spark arrestor shipped for $421.60
And the Sparks X-6 with added spark arrestor and shipping is $573.38.

Now I have at least 2 questions, #1 does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy. And #2 is it worth the extra $151.78 to just buy the Sparks and be done with it? The extra money saved would be more than enough get me a EHS lid. But would I be happy with the cheaper exhaust in the long run? As soon as I get the dyno jet power commander V installed, I will be pulling the trigger on one of these two systems.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts