Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was torn between getting a stage 3 hotcam and a stage 2... I have an fmf powerbomb header with a q4, airbox mod, k&n intake and fmf programmer. what do you guys think? oh yea and if anyone can help... what do you think i should start with on my programmer? my riding consists of everything, from sand to dirt!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The stage 3's are usually for people that have engine work, and are mainly for racing, where the stage 2's prove more lower end power. That's what the sales guy was saying when I was getting mine.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have looked in to this and get differant answers depending on who you ask.
There is one member who could answer this but he has vanished. Me thinking he is working on something biggish for the 700xx.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i was told the stage 3 cam has bigger lobes so with a standard piston you will have to keep it in the revs more but with a higher compression piston they work well together i hope this makes some sense also was told web cam has steeper ramp angles and will produce more power but hotcams trys to get the balance of power and realibilty just right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I just ordered a stage 3... mainly because I do plan on porting and polishing the head along with a piston. It supprised me that you can actually lose bottom end, I figured the bottom end would be at least to stock levels.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I have looked in to this and get differant answers depending on who you ask.
There is one member who could answer this but he has vanished. Me thinking he is working on something biggish for the 700xx.
yes it would be nice to see some "smooth" answers around here but we will soon see what true potential the xx has.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
If I could find a dyno for free I would give you the numbers xx700xx :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a web stage 3 and notice no loss of low end. I can lug it around just as good as I could when it was stock. I think you will be happy with your purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts