Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my used/new trx700. Bought it from someone I knew who put 20-30 hours tops. When I was riding last weekend I was going pretty fast and then had to slam on the brakes for a truck coming through the trail. The engine stalled. I tried it again later and had it stall but while it was still rolling I let out the clutch and it started back up. Anyone have any problems like this? or was it the fuel injection building up/starving itself of fuel? Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Did you have the clutch in when you slammed on the brakes?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the same problem with mine when I first bought it(bought it from the dealer still in the crate). It didn't do it very often but every now and then. Finally got around to the valve adjustment and after i adjusted the valves it has not did it since. I would try that if i were you, otherwise I would not worry about it to much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
clutch

Pull in that clutch when you lock dem tars :lol::lol::lol::birds::birds::lol: J/K

But seriously.... it probably has something to do with the flux capacitor.... Are you running 1.21gigawatts? If not, check the stator.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Did you have the clutch in when you slammed on the brakes?
I know I'm the new guy but you guys give me no credit :D:D :birds: :D:D:xx:

Not really messing with you cause your new. You just cant over look the obvious stuff. So we have to ask questions to rule stuff out some times. Not long ago someone posted about doing a oil change. And had over filled the quad cause they didn't know to drain the reservoir! I hope this wasn't you or you will think I'm messing with the new guy.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
trx700xxry.
Several things you might consider.
1) Check to see if the clutch adjustment is too tight. (Note: Owner’s Manual is very clear on that adjustment) This could cause it to be somewhat engaged under just the right circumstances.
2) If the person that owned the machine before you used the wrong oil in the engine/wet clutch it may tend to cause the clutch to stick. If the oil is unknown to you, it might be worthwhile to replace it with the correct oil (Recommended in your Owner’s Manual. Some synthetics will cause problems) I use only Honda Oil (10W-40), however there are many good oils out there for these machines..
Sid

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really messing with you cause your new. You just cant over look the obvious stuff. So we have to ask questions to rule stuff out some times. Not long ago someone posted about doing a oil change. And had over filled the quad cause they didn't know to drain the reservoir! I hope this wasn't you or you will think I'm messing with the new guy.
I understand, not too long ago I had a problem with my project truck not starting. I went and changed a few things to find out it was only a blown fuse. I appreciate all the help even if it does come with some messing around.:)

trx700xxry.
Several things you might consider.
1) Check to see if the clutch adjustment is too tight. (Note: Owner’s Manual is very clear on that adjustment) This could cause it to be somewhat engaged under just the right circumstances.
2) If the person that owned the machine before you used the wrong oil in the engine/wet clutch it may tend to cause the clutch to stick. If the oil is unknown to you, it might be worthwhile to replace it with the correct oil (Recommended in your Owner’s Manual. Some synthetics will cause problems) I use only Honda Oil (10W-40), however there are many good oils out there for these machines..
Sid
Thanks for the help. I knew the guy who owned it before. He did the initial break-in and then changed the oil. It has probably less than 30hrs on it. He still needs to give me the owners manual but I'll have to check the clutch adjustment. Today I went to the dealership and picked up an oil filter and honda oil.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
trx700xxry,
Thanks for the quick response. Please keep us informed as to what will correct the problem.
When changing the oil, you might reference the "HOW TO" Section of this forum. There are many good suggestions on how to do that job safely and effectively. Be sure and ask any question on that subject if you are concerned about the oil change process.
Sid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts