Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have issues with their 700 stalling out periodically. I seem to notice it happens when i'm pulsing the throttle (not being on or off). I'm used to being able to pop the throttle when i downshift or moving through trails. It seems like the bike does not like my riding style.

I've been riding Honda's since I was 4 and i have multiple motorcycles and a rancher. None of them are this touchy. It seems like my other fuel injected machines are flawless.

Is it just me?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
it the lean stock fuel mix... damn tree huggers.. efi programmer fixes it, same with a 13t

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
i noticed that more when i first got it, but it seemed to get better as i broke it in. not sure though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had that problem bad but turned out to just be the spark plug was broke on the inside causing the spark to jump to the threads instead of the electrode..... try changing plugs

·
Registered
25 Posts
I find stalling a big issue when at idle decending hills. I am expecting my Big 3 kit from EHS any day now. Hope that helps. Is there any way to adjust idle on these bikes?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
there is a little screw on the side of the throttle body under a black plastic cover. adjust it in to open the throttle a little (may want to use lock tight to hold in position) , and make sure to adjust the throttle cable tension accordingly. doing this may void the warranty on this part as Honda manual says not to adjust the screw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This issue has been brought up almost everytime I talk with other 700xx riders. My xx, my brothers, and my buddies all do it sometime. It's just something to get used to. The 13t sprocket does help some I believe. I hope a future purchase of an EHS package helps as well.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I guess pulsing the throttle is the same a blipping the throttle. The xx tends not to like this. A learning curve for me also as for doing the same on descent of hills etc , check you have not got too much play in the clutch cable.
I had problems with stalling early one when I first bought. Most of it was just adapting to the xx from a 450r.

·
Registered
455 Posts
When was the last time you cleaned your air filter?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I have yet to experience staling on a down hill decent. Usually I shift into neutral and cost down hill, and sometimes even shut to quad off. Some of the down hills I run in WV. Go from 1400ft. to 800ft. so you are coasting sometimes over 5 minutes, and still reaching speeds of 25- 30 mphs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts