Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has this same problem, or a fix for it.
When I turn the key then press start, engine kinda chugs a few times before it fires up. Almost like its having problems turning over. It does this especialy when the bike is hot, or warmed up. I took it to Honda and they said they couldnt get the bike to do it, go figure... It does it to me everytime I stop on the trail, and restart...

I just put on EHS big 3 the other day, and was hoping the EFI would take care of it, but it hasnt... Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Also how many hours are on your bike? Have the valves been adjusted? When i adjusted mine the first time. My intake valves were too tight. Exhaust was fine though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, pulled all the way back as far as it goes... Still seems like its struggling to turn over two or three times before it fires up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right around 100 hours. I've had it in at Honda for the tune up at 20 hours, and then again three weeks ago for the 100 hour tune up. Unless the Honda shop is lying to me and I'm paying them to do nothing, which wouldnt supprise me...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, about a new battery. Any sugestions for a stronger battery, where to buy, power needed, etc.?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Some guys are using a CBR1000rr battery for extra Cranking amps. DL700 is talking about getting some custom batteries made up That are light weight.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
So, about a new battery. Any sugestions for a stronger battery, where to buy, power needed, etc.?
I ordered my battery from DL700

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
What kind did you order from DL700, type, size, etc... specs please

Thanks

I found it "If I only would have read a little further down in the new posts"
8 cell should be plenty for a mild build. I'd your going big bore high comp piston/ stroker then get the 12 cell. Imo

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
when i stall mine under a load it sometimes is a little slow to start like the compression release kinda gets jammed for second then it spins over normal and starts right up, my 400ex did that also

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just had a problem with my web cam. after sending back to alba they found two burs on the side of the cam lobe that was hanging up the compression release, now it starts fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts