Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well iam fixing up my quad, stearing stem is bent so are the tie rods the grab bar is bashed in front fenders are f*cked the head light and tail light both smashed.

my questions:

how hard is it to change the stearing stem on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being super hard.

any tips on changing the stearing stem ?

should i grease or oil the stearing stem barrings or any of that ?

should i loc tight the threads on the tie rods ?

what year 450 r sprocket is every one useing ( 13 t right ?)

i have to change all my front fenders the plastic part above the head lights ( silver part ) the tank cowling and rear fender grab bar head light tail light stearing stem handle bars grips and a new race bumper.... any tips or any thing of that nature would be helpfull

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think its all 450r sprockets, yep 13t is what a few are running including me. None of that stuff will be hard at all. Dont sweat it.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not so worried iam just a first timer at repairing quads, when it comes to my 600rr i could do it blind i just dont wanna get the job done and some one say well you should have put some oil on that or loc tighted that and i have to take it all appart

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well Hawk if u got some experince with others, do it like u would with those, and u'll be fine just use ur best judgement!:tup::rock:

·
Registered
445 Posts
how hard is it to change the stearing stem on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being super hard.

It's pretty easy......

any tips on changing the stearing stem ?

No....

should i grease or oil the stearing stem barrings or any of that ?

Cant hurt but you dont have to......

should i loc tight the threads on the tie rods ?

No.......

Tips: just keep asking questions.....
:yay:.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.