Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of a way to mod the steering to make it turn tighter and easier. I do a lot of woods riding and it needs help.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Most people say l8ton swaybar. Others will say teixeira tech upper a arms. Then you could get better front tires to stop the sidewalk flex. Then you could play with suspension a little, stiffen it up so it doesn't tend to roll or lean.

I am going with kenda kutters tires all around(just swapping the rear tires made it slide better). Then I'm gonna get the 9/16 swaybar from l8ton. The the a-arms from teixeira tech. Should be almost as good as it gets then.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I say get some adjustable front a-arms. That way you can adjust the caster for better turning in tight spots. I got the sway bar and it helps too, but my bike is still a b___h to turn in the driveway.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I did the 11/16ths L8ton swaybar and 23" Maxxis RazR's in the front. Works pretty good for me!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I dont have a problem with tight turns, I just lean forward, downshift and gas it. I'm running some knarly rzr2's on the rear and 23" rzr2's on the front. No problems here.

I thought i was going to get talk up the steering dampner in this thread from eBay. Dangit. Still my fav mod.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I need to decrease the turning radius for low speed turns.
If you purely want a tighter turning radius and have no push ,then get a TRX450r 2004 oem stem. The tree(?) at the bottom is longer . Not quite forklift truck tight steering but close enough.You can get an aftermarket one but some fit and some don't. The oem 450r does fit and t is about the same stem height.
If it is pushing in the really tight stuff ,get the Teixeira tech uppers.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Swaybar, Ed's uppers, and you can take a little off the frame stops for the stem also. Just take a little at a time and still leave some clearance between the rim and the slider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts