Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok rolled the XX today. hit a ditch i couldnt see and flipped it on its side, then end over end. pretty sure the stem is bent, not sure bout the bars.

now my question- i like the height stock bars sit at, so if i buy a houser +1 stem, what bars would give me the feel of stock?

Also, are there any other options for stems bout houser?

·
Banned
44 Posts
Dont have an answer to your question but today my steering stem just broke while riding and i lost control and flipped breaking the clutch lever, putting a dent in the front tires and poked a hole in the sidewall. The break is so clean its like someone took a sawsall to it, i dropped it off at the dealer and they told me they would take pictures and send them to honda to find out if its covered under warranty or not, i just bought the machine in february. I dont understand how this could of happend, so glad i wasnt in the woods and hit a tree or something.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Also, are there any other options for stems bout houser?
Teixeira Tech has my 700XX using it to mock up parts. A stem is planned to be produced, not sure when it wll be ready or any details yet.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I worry that buying a beefy stem will just cause the lext weakest part to fail like the frame in th event of a rollover.
I've always taken that same view. If the force of the crash is enough to bend the stem in the first place... what is next in line if you beef up the stem? IMO, if something has to bend or break to absorb the force of a crash, I want it to be something that doesn't cost big $$ and lots of time to replace. An example of things that are made to break are front brake and clutch levers that are made to break, but at a certain point... the end will break off, but you'll still have enough lever left to use to get you back to your truck.

roadkill

·
Registered
291 Posts
Weak stem didn't stop my frame from bending.:steamed:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got a houser stem and bar clamp. im having trouble getting the tie rod ends back thru the new stem. did anyone else have trouble with this? i was thinking of grinding some of the powdercoating off to make the holes a lil bigger

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had trouble to They go in opposite of stock I think now they go in from the bottom I didn't go look at the bike but I no it is opposite of stock

·
Registered
734 Posts
To be close to stock height go with Pro Taper ATV Hi bend bars (121mm rise) the sweep of the bars is less though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My steering stem squeaks when you turn the bars side to side, how do i fix this and/or what causes this?

·
Registered
626 Posts
i just installed my steering stem today from houser and i had to place the tie rods in the opposite way i still have to adjust for a little bit of toe but not to much no squeaking but i used plenty of grease

·
Registered
392 Posts
just got my stem warrantied from honda, front plastic piece above head light has two broken clips and broken clutch lever from the rollover caused from it but hey i get to ride tomorrow

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It's the stock stem, bike only has maybe 40 hours on it, I bought it new in december.
Honda tends not over grease things. :eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts