Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new stem bent mine last year and got another oem one but just bent it realy bad again so i need a good strong one looked at houser racing stem and
teixeira tech. Any other good stems would like to know your opinions on wich stem to get. and also what do they mean when they say they say the tie rod have been moved to reduced the bump steer on the houser stem. thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also what do u use for bar clamps for them? does trail tech clamp work thats made for stock stem?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I got the houser +1. Both the stems you mentioned reposition the flag that the tie rods bolt to. They do that to reduce bump steer. As your front suspension goes threw it's motion the front wheels actually can toe in or out. Say your front shocks are compressed. That will cause your front wheels to toe out causing your bike to want to veer left or right. These stems are designed to help reduce that. Wich means less fatigue when your riding hard. Also both stems are considerably stronger than stock. Both have anti vibe clamps available for them. As far as I know the trail tech clamp won't work with out some modification?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Bump steer is where the front wheels change toe during the shock movement. The toe during shock movement tends to toe in and out during this process.It will toe in more, when say airborn and toe out when the shocks are fully compressed(bottomed out).

I have a Teixeira Tech antivibe stem and the shock and vibe clamps. This is an insane setup. I love it .

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are there any other handle bar clamps that work besides the shock and vibe cause that is almost as much as the stem.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
are there any other handle bar clamps that work besides the shock and vibe cause that is almost as much as the stem.
It's worth the money ! IMO. Gotta try it to believe it. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts