Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i did try to search but found nothing on this. i recently bought this atv and on deceleration it ll backfire sometimes. atv is stock. what s the cause of this ? normal?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
its running too lean from factory you need to get a fuel controller , it richens it up and will run a little cooler too .mine did that too stock.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I recently purchased a ATV of a differant brand, that back fired when you let off of it. And after runing a few tanks a gas thru it, it was fine. So I wouldn't pull the panic plug right away!

·
Registered
120 Posts
should it be anything to worry about in cold weather? Like say.... around 20 degrees? I plan on runnin my stock xx this weekend for the first time, an it'll be in 20 degree weather.

·
Registered
392 Posts
should it be anything to worry about in cold weather? Like say.... around 20 degrees? I plan on runnin my stock xx this weekend for the first time, an it'll be in 20 degree weather.
No, Ive run mine at -10

·
Registered
120 Posts
well that makes me feel alot better about runnin in 20 degrees haha.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I rode mine today @12 degrees.
knew someone that pulled the spark arrestor out of the stock muffler, and it would pop like that. He rode the hell out of it like that and the only problem it ever had was that sometimes, it would pop, and stall if you let off then right back on at low rpm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
also make sure you run high octane gas. the lower cheap stuff will cause it to back fire. my old 420 rancher and my xx both did it

·
Registered
821 Posts
I never run anything less than premium in all small engines. They don't burn enough usually that 30 cents or so per fill up will break the bank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.