Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
3 small bolts on rear of pipe, and pull it out. 5 min later you'll be putting it back in, because it does sound like said above.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Where's the instructional how-to??? :confused:
lol post #3 says it all, not much more to it, unless you need size of bolts.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I believe 8mm bolts, turn somewhere around 8-10 complete turns to the left to remove bolts. Grab the outer "guard " for pipe and slide baffles out. Should be close to step by step. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Yes, the 3 bolts are 8mm, and yes it will sound like crap... my farts sound better. But, you all forgot to advise using a bit of anti-seize on the bolt threads before you put your spark arrester back in... and you will as soon as you hear it without the sparky. The bolts DO have a tendency to seize because of exhaust heat.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
My point is, this forum is for posting HOW-TO's, not for asking questions. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Moving to the proper forum..

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you want to try it, make sure to go back and forth with the bolts when removing them if they get hard to turn. Like they said above they have a tendency to stick and they will twist off super easy.

The last baffle can be drilled and give you a straight shot from the tube on the front baffle. Never done it on a 700, but have on a 400EX. I did put the spark arrester back on though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts