Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a complete stock exhaust for my 2008 Honda 700XX. Please send pictures.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
If no luck here check ebay,I seen mufflers there around $25 and up and header pipe around $35 and up. Wondering why you need/want complete stock exhaust?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought this 700xx and the guy I bought it from couldn't setup the ehs controller correctly with this ac racing elite series complete exhaust so I just thought I would go back to stock

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Just my opinion here. I'd just suggest you give Eric at EHS a call and get him to help you set the controller right so you can work with what you already have. It's way cheaper... phone call vs the cost of a stock exhaust... which I have, but would rather NOT sell you if you really don't need it. JMO

roadkill

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I just bought this 700xx and the guy I bought it from couldn't setup the ehs controller correctly with this ac racing elite series complete exhaust so I just thought I would go back to stock
If you give Eric a call and still can't program it let me know I got a complete stock exhaust in ohio

Or check here and see if you can figure it out. But a base map from EHS would be sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moMl6jpX8FE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the video. I will call Eric Thursday and see if he can walk me thru the setup. I guess there are no specific maps for the ac racing full exhaust with the ehs lid

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would definitely keep the setup you have, if you can, because you will definitely be unhappier with a stock exhaust setup. Especially considering you already have the EHS lid. The setup you have seems like a good one, and a few tweaks I wish you luck with it, should help. BTW if ya wanna ride sometime, drop me a line in the near future I'm close and have a few free fun places not far from ya... ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I contacted Eric and he gave me some new setting runs like crap now not sure what to do. If anyone is near me and needs a challenge let me know I will bring it by and I will pay for the beverages and food

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
So I contacted Eric and he gave me some new setting runs like crap now not sure what to do. If anyone is near me and needs a challenge let me know I will bring it by and I will pay for the beverages and food
I'd have a few questions to help narrow down the problem.

1. With different settings on the EHS controller, does it run differently? And how is it different?

2. Do you have a stock air filter?

If the quad runs the same with different settings, you may have a bad controller. Check the connections to your fuel injector, from ecu and the ground. Run quad. Disconnect the controller from system... disconnect lead from controller to injector and lead to ecu and re-connect stock lead from ecu back to fuel injector direct and run quad. Is there a difference? If there is NO difference in how quad runs... it kinda indicates a problem with the EHS unit itself (rare, but not unheard of)

If you have a stock air filter, these are quite restrictive... Not really from the foam itself, but more from the internal metal cage the foam sits on. Quads need to breath (IN from intake and OUT through exhaust) If a stock air filter is restricting the air flow in, it makes it hard to use standard settings for the controller and expect it work properly.

There can be other things that can be making your quad run crappy... loose wire, bad spark plug, fouled spark plug, air intake leak, etc.

roadkill

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1. back fired blow out white smoke from tail pipe and then I think it messed up the injector
because it will not start at all.
2. I'm not sure but I don't think it is stock (green in color if that helps)
3. I have rode it once about 3 hours fouled two plugs not good
I will check the controller right away how do I check intake leak thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
1. back fired blow out white smoke from tail pipe and then I think it messed up the injector
because it will not start at all.
2. I'm not sure but I don't think it is stock (green in color if that helps)
3. I have rode it once about 3 hours fouled two plugs not good
I will check the controller right away how do I check intake leak thanks.
Yes, the stock air filter foam is light green.
You can check for air intake leaks by checking... 1. Connection from air filter to air intake tube and air tube to TB. Tight secure hose clamp? 2. Check air intake tube for breaks, cracks. Check TB and injector unit mounting to head.

How were the plugs fouled? Dry sooty and black... Wet oily and black?

Back firing can indicate a lean condition, but the white smoke indicates a rich condition???

Could it be that the guy who sold the quad to you had other problems that he didn't tell you about?

roadkill

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found the problem out the controller had worked itself loose from the injector.
Thanks to those who helped me figure it out

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Good deal, so its running good with the AC exhaust!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Are you still in need of oem baffle? I just installed my exhaust, so I have one laying around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts