Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if it's safe to run my 700xx without the spark arrester? Everything is bone stock, so I was wondering if the stock fuel injection will compensate for the change in air flow? I tried it without the spark arrester in, and it honestly had alot more power! I also did a plug check, and it seemed ok. It looked like the tip of the plug was a light grey. I was just wondering what you guys thought because I don't want to run too lean and hurt my motor. All feedback will greatly be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I pulled mine out the first day I got the 700 and never used it. No plug problems at all. Plus it sounded much better..LOL

I have seen many posts on here about vehicles ability to compensate for fuel/air mixtures and speaking from experience, they can adjust themselves quite well. I live in Fl half of the year and in NC the rest. 3200 ft difference in elevation and on streetbikes, it takes a little bit of riding for them to compensate for the rich/lean condition.
Large changes like intake/complete exhausts will require the addition of a module, like the Dobeks or PC3's. Hope this answered your question.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't get caught on any state parks without a spark arrester. It like a $200 ticket.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I pulled mine out the first day I got the 700 and never used it. No plug problems at all. Plus it sounded much better..LOL

I have seen many posts on here about vehicles ability to compensate for fuel/air mixtures and speaking from experience, they can adjust themselves quite well. I live in Fl half of the year and in NC the rest. 3200 ft difference in elevation and on streetbikes, it takes a little bit of riding for them to compensate for the rich/lean condition.
Large changes like intake/complete exhausts will require the addition of a module, like the Dobeks or PC3's. Hope this answered your question.
X2<

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all your help, I really appreciate that! I feel better now knowing I'll be ok running without the spark arrester:) I want to eventually get a pipe and power commander. What pipe would you guys recommend? Is a slip-on a waste of money? Should I just go with the full system?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A full system is worth the money. Most all the pipes perform the same, Whatever you can get the best deal on will be sufficient. If you don't have any upgrades yet you can make the most power out of a programmer and intake first. next get your exhaust. The PCIII is two thumbs up over all the premapped units (HMF,FMF,2bros Etc)

·
Registered
333 Posts
i concur...

i agree with smooth, the programmer and intake will help the most first, then exhaust. i dont think slip ons are a waste, and... I recommend the FMF factory 4.1 slip on. I ran the fmf slip on for about a month and it was great, but i couldnt take it anymore after i got a bo map. so i ran out and got the powerbomb (also the only head avail for the xx right now). and im sooooooooooooooooo satisfied now :yay: but i was happy before the header, just didnt know what i was missin i guess lol anyway hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There are other full exhaust available

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've seen about 3 different ones, Just can't remember who, Maybe DC was one, FMF and HMF then there was another I can't remember.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts