Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Big 3/Sway Bar OTW.

Stock Tires are still pretty much new. Maybe 1 full weekend of riding.

Is it worth replacing them now or just running them till they pop. Are the Kutters/Maxxis2 that big of an upgrade where I am going to need it to get the power to the ground?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I say run those suckers til there bald! Get your moneys worth outta them. They don't last long anyways. So you'll need new tires soon. Then upgrade to some 6ply tires.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Tires make a HUGE difference! I got new ones ASAP then sold off the stockers cheap to make a little money back. Too much side wall flex and such on the stockers and the traction isn't the best. If you have the money to get new tires they are well worth it!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I got rid of my stock tires as soon as I could... still with plenty of tread left on them... Gave them away to members here for the cost of shipping. Get better tires now or beat the shit outta the stockers for a while... your choice.
However, you won't be able to use the Razr2 on the back without getting 10" rims and the offset will make you wider in back. I decided to stay with the stock rims and get Razr2s for the front and Razr for the back... Now on DWT rims and still going strong. May try Kenda next IF my Maxxis tires will EVER wear out.

roadkill

·
Registered
369 Posts
I got new kendas right way and studded my stockers for ice racing

·
Registered
355 Posts
I say run those suckers til there bald! Get your moneys worth outta them. They don't last long anyways. So you'll need new tires soon. Then upgrade to some 6ply tires.
I agree. Better things to spend money. get a nice bumper, new handlebars and grips. better yet a CCP steering damper. That is a must have item.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RockyMountain Has the Kutters out of stock for 2 more weeks but Kind of need them before then.

Anyone know another decent dealer?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
RockyMountain Has the Kutters out of stock for 2 more weeks but Kind of need them before then.

I have a new pair hanging in my garage rafters, how bad you want them?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

Lol u serious?
I was serious, but I show Rocky has 5 in stock 22x9x11 @ 73.99 each.
my price would be a tad higher. And pickup only cause delvery would be a mutha not free like @ rocky's So I'd order em fast unless you live near by. I'd let mine got for a mear $80 each.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...8&prodFamilyId=24324&listingId=&sizeAttr=7398

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah they came back in stock today lol

My local dealer got a set in also....... Tried to charge me 140 a piece lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
I still believe you'll be fine with the rears until you wear them down. Get the CCP damper. After the swaybar it gives the most bang for the buck.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I still believe you'll be fine with the rears until you wear them down. Get the CCP damper. After the swaybar it gives the most bang for the buck.
When I get a couple hundred extra dollars, I think I may get a controler from EHs Racing. The damper is that the same thing as CCP steering stabilizer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-TRX-700XX-trx700xx-CCP-steering-stabilizer-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a6ffec6cQQitemZ290564598892QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I really dont have much complaint on the sterring vibration. And I cant afford the big 3 all at once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts