Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys I have a question about the stock shocks on the 700xx. Can the stock shocks on the 700xx be re-valved and have the oil changed in them? and if so where can i get a shock re-valving kit for them and some new shock oil in different weights? thanks guys.

·
Registered
671 Posts
front shocks are non rebuildable. They are sealed units, no way to take them apart. nothing can be done with them.

Rears are fully rebuildable, any well known atv suspension shop should be able to revalve/respring them. As far as a "do it yourself kit", I am not aware of any. The only kits that I know off that allows a person to do there own shock valving for bikes or quads are the Race Tech Gold Valves. Unfortunately, they don't make the kits for the rear shocks on the 700XX. You might be able to call a suspenison shop and see if they will send you the shims and parts for revalving, but if you have never taken a shock apart before, I would recomend having an experienced person show you what to do.

Doug

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
front shocks are non rebuildable. They are sealed units, no way to take them apart. nothing can be done with them.

Rears are fully rebuildable, any well known atv suspension shop should be able to revalve/respring them. As far as a "do it yourself kit", I am not aware of any. The only kits that I know off that allows a person to do there own shock valving for bikes or quads are the Race Tech Gold Valves. Unfortunately, they don't make the kits for the rear shocks on the 700XX. You might be able to call a suspenison shop and see if they will send you the shims and parts for revalving, but if you have never taken a shock apart before, I would recomend having an experienced person show you what to do.

Doug
who would you recommend since racetech doesnt have a kit for rears. wiig style is too un reliable surely youd think race tech could do a 700xx rear but never looked into it they do just about everything else out there ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is an email I sent him simply out of curiosity. I don't know if i would trust him even if he was just sending you a kit to do it yourself but just figured I would post this anyway.

The kit cost would be $629.95.
Includes:
Oil, seals, rt gold valve kit, dual rate spring kit.
Please let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns.
Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension
Tel: 712.621.5191

-----Original message-----
To:
[email protected]
Sent:
Wed, Jul 25, 2012 04:54:58 GMT+00:00
Subject:
rear shocks rebuild

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi, I was just wondering how much it would be for a rear shock revalve/ respring kit also including all oil, seals etc. for a honda 700xx. If I do this I would like to do it myself.
Thanks
[/FONT]

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't use WiigStyle, heard to many bad things about him recently. Odd that he says he uses a gold valve kit when last I heard Race Tech doesn't make one.

Best bet would be to check out different quad forums and start making phone calls. I am sure Race Tech could respring/revalve even if they don't make a kit. GT Thunder and Jet Suspension are a few other shops I have heard good things about. I think the hardest part will be finding a shop with 700XX experience. Might be a little trial and error.

Doug

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Give Jovany, at S2 Suspension Center, a call... (619) 608-4685

I worked with him since the very beginning, and came up with a good rebuild setup... Let him know Cesar sent you..

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kevin,

I have looked at our atv apps and do not have a listing for TRX700. We would need the quad here for about 2 weeks for R&D. If this is something you can do let me know. But until we get that quad we have no products for it.

[FONT=&quot]Michelle Marshall[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Application Consultant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Direct 951-279-6655 ext. 122 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax 951-279-7171[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
This is the reply I got from Racetech on rebuilding my rear shocks.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well It sounds like re valving the shocks is kind of out of the question then. thanks for the help anyway guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts