Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, yesterday I made 3 run on a flat road, no wind.

I got a 14t sprocket
Uni filter
Modded airbox
Stock tire 3 psi
91 octane gasoline

So my top speed is 123km/h or 76.87mph

NOTE. My valves are not adjusted (Hey mecanics does that make such a diffence in your opinion?)

Also my Vapor shows 112 km/h (or 70mph) top speed and at 50km/h (or 31.25mph) and it's spot on with the gps???

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

I got a 14t sprocket
Uni filter
Modded airbox
Stock tire 3 psi
91 octane gasoline

NOTE. My valves are not adjusted (Hey mecanics does that make such a diffence in your opinion?)

Also my Vapor shows 112 km/h (or 70mph) top speed and at 50km/h (or 31.25mph) and it's spot on with the gps???
That seems about right, The big3 almost isn't enough to push the bike to the limiter at 87mph. You shouldn't have any valve issues, How many hours since you've last checked them?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well I have not checked them yet since it's new... I'm about 30 hours now!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Quads ahve a big problem with tire growth at speed, thats why your Vapor will always be wrong......at about 70kph the tire will start to grow all the way to 125kph+......it's a PITA.

Linc

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If you ever come back this way or if we make a ride together I can check them for you Scuzz.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I need to check my valves too. I'm sure I'm over.
I will let you know when we reschedule the EHS trip, we will do them for you. come on out it will be a good time!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the valve clearance realy make a difference for overall performance?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, Are you having problems to make you think they are out of spec or your just asking in general. There is nothing wrong with your top speed if you were thinking you should be getting more. The XX wont hit the rev limiter in 5th in stock form.

·
Registered
199 Posts
my dealer told me I shouldn't adjust my valves after break in. Is he full of B.S.? should I have them adjusted? I have appr. 30 hours on my xx.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
They need to be checked to see if they do need adjusting. I haven't heard of anyone needing to adjust them as of yet but I wouldn't chance it being it takes less than 30 min.

·
Registered
199 Posts
k, thanks, I know every bike i've ever had I needed to take back to have the valves adjusted. I thought that was standard prosedure.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yea the Honda dealer should have told you to take it in for a 25hr service. Most do it themselves... Or neglect to do it at all lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yea the Honda dealer should have told you to take it in for a 25hr service. Most do it themselves... Or neglect to do it at all lol
well, my dealer wasn't very happy with me. Mosites motorsports in Irwin Pa. had an ad on their website for the 700xx for $4500.When I get there they said $4599, but , my wife( being the dollar watcher), just happened to have printed out the internet ad, so, they had to give it to me for 45.They didn't go over the bike with me, or answer any of my questions. I swear if my bike wasn't so cheap I would have told them to shove it.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
valve clearance

Yes, Are you having problems to make you think they are out of spec or your just asking in general. There is nothing wrong with your top speed if you were thinking you should be getting more. The XX wont hit the rev limiter in 5th in stock form.
I have not adjust them since since the bike is new, I know how to do this when I was 8 years old my daddy showed me on my ST90 :lol:, but since then I played only with 2 stroke engine. I will check them for the first time this week-end, they are too noisy for me I want to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I had stock tires and rims I was doing between 130-135 km/h maybe a 1-2 km/h faster some times. After I got my new rims and tires I now do inbetween 125-130 km/h. That was the only dissapointment I had with my new rims n tires.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

I got a 14t sprocket
Uni filter
Modded airbox
Stock tire 3 psi
91 octane gasoline

u do know that the lower the psi the slower ull go... set them at 5.5 front and 6.0 rear....u should go 2-4 mph faster1!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts