Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt think It would happen to me, but this morning, the 700 is gone. Please keep an eye on ebay and craigs list for any of the parts I had on mine. They broke into my truck and used the remote to open the garage door. I HATE THIEVES

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Dude, that totally sucks. I'm sorry for that. I hope that the douchebags get caught. I ABSOLUTLEY hate thieves.

You did have it insured, right?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Dave,
Where are you located? Also use this nifty free tool to search for 700xx across the nation on CL with a single click.. Craigspal.com

I use it to scour for parts and the like.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Dave,

I'm really really sorry to hear that. I'll be looking out for sure. Between Chrisj and I we find 700xx parts like nobodies business.

I'll keep a lookout for sure!
I hope I find the rims..lol

Sucks when someone steals your shit though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just west of Tampa, along the beaches. I just had the alarm people come over and set up another upgrade. I want claymores..........

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dave :( I'd kill if i caught someone in the middle of that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thats Shitty...all that work. Just for some Loser Quad thief to come along and.....bah.

But anyways was your clicker out in the open?

·
Registered
364 Posts
searched all of florida on Craigslist for 700xx via craigspal. Nothing.

I cannot search all of the US.. the bandwidth will crush our network, and I dont want the local tech nerds to inquire.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats Shitty...all that work. Just for some Loser Quad thief to come along and.....bah.

But anyways was your clicker out in the open?
It was in the center console of the truck. They grabbed the clicker and my GPS too

·
Registered
425 Posts
Actually Dave, I had a similar issue once. Kids broke into the truck to get the clicker, But we heard them because the car alarm went off from the dome light draining the battery. They still got the clicker so i figured they would wait and try again...they never did. Changed the codes and got new clickers.

What i learned from that was..dont leave the clicker in a vehicle not in the garage...and if you do...put the Garage door motor on a light switch...so you can disable it. The light switch idea is really great for those that program there cars to open the Garage.

Motion lights are ok....but if you live far from others..then its not going to do yah any good unless that light wakes you up.

I know this info comes a bit late.....But hope it helps others.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Damn that sucks dave.

Ill keep my eyes and ears out up here in the PNW.

I feel bad now cause I just pm'd u for a map then read this... Sorry for buggin u about a map when ur dealin with this :s

I hope she finds her way back to u!

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
My GPS was stolen out my truck about a month ago.

As a result I have two time laps camera set up with a PC and a time laps recorder that sends me pictures at night when it alarms.

What i learned from that was..dont leave the clicker in a vehicle not in the garage...and if you do...put the Garage door motor on a light switch...so you can disable it. The light switch idea is really great for those that program there cars to open the Garage.
I do this too, well sorta, I unplug it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
425 Posts
Another automatic Garage door trick to is to take the string and puller off the Manual release...Bike/Quad thiefs in vegas has been known to hook it with a coat hanger and open the door. Windows on the door help them hook it..so cover them or tint the glass.

A friend in a nice part of town lost his KTM bike that way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts