·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A note... You won't see my quad in these vids because I'm about 20min ahead. There were quite a few of us and we were riding in 3 main groups. The first group was 3 dbs, the second group were the faster more experienced quads and the last group were a couple slower less experienced quad riders riding with the 2 side by sides. We ended up taking 3 different routes later... single track for the db... narrow tight technical trail for my group and a easier wide trail for the side by sides and the slower quads.

Remmington probably already knows this... @ Stonyford, the trail difficulty ratings are way out of whack.
A "green" trail is supposed to be easy... Not @ Stonyford. A green trail can best be rated as "moderate"
A "blue" trail is supposed to be moderate, but there a blue trail is what other places would rate as "black"... technical, tight and with a high butt pucker factor.
And a "black" trail there is more or less a "holy shit" moment from start to finish... You either make it or eat it BAD and take a helicopter ride. :nuts:

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like a nice place to ride... you also look as thought your on top of the mountain is there some nice hill climbs here?

and the picture looks like someone when we went to WV...I wont say who lol
On a ridge line for the most part @ 4900' from a starting from camp @ 1500'... Many climbs... from moderate to... no fricking way... you try it first.
One trail is from 1500' to 6200' and that 4700' climb is a high speed run to the top of a mountain.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One trail took out 2 quads... Me a year and a half ago going up. Ended my weekend and earned me a trip to hospital. And last Saturday a friend crashed at the very same spot going down. He got tossed over the bars and went down that section face first. Slight concussion, F'd up arm and lots of road rash. One of the riders with us was an RN so he was in good hands back at camp.

For Remmington: The trail above is #40

roadkill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.