Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see street legal xx's on here all the time. I am wondering if there is any possible way to get one legal for backroads and sideroads in Missouri. I think it would begreat to ride from my house to riding areas around the county.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You need to check your local laws. Here in Illinois nothing I do to it can make it legal other than don't get caught lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine is road leagl here in the united kingdom. I need to use roal leagl tyres, indicators, horn. number plate no plate lamp. need road tax insurance. quads here in the u.k are a bit of a grey area.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Yeah it all Comes down to State Laws

·
Registered
377 Posts
In Michigan they passed a law that the northern counties/cites will allow you to ride on the side of the road to get to the trails. Speed is 25 mph max. ORV sticker is a must plus helmet. If I ride in Detroit then I would have to ride like I stole it and run from the police so they don't catch me. (again) This is why I live in the country (SE Mich). No law but their really not around to bother anybody.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been reading as much as I can about this. From what I gather a lot depends on how your title is worded. If it says atv your pretty much sol unless you modify it to an extent yu can get a new title. It also states that a governing body can issue a special use permit for operating within city or county limits. It also states that if you use atv for agriculture it is ok on roads between farms but not exceeding 30 mph, need a flag and slow moving vehicle sign. And only during daylight hours.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts