Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So winter is coming and my tires are wicked bald. I want to stud them for ice fishing, but they are so bald that screwing into the lugs wouldn't work without going through. What are some ideas for studding without having flat tires.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I can't think of anything you could do on bald tires. However you could get some chains.

·
Registered
821 Posts
short sheetmetal screws, there aroun1/4 in. Used to scew them into my work boots during winter

·
Registered
437 Posts
screws will rip out instantly....not worth it....you should always stud new or near new tires and use the longest ice screws available (Kold Kutter, Pro Gold)....something you can do....(should be on newer tires)....is place a liner on the inside using either old tires(like the ones on your quad), or bailer belts sold at your normal farm supply store...then use 3/4 to 1" ice screws and screw through the lug and into the liner....most of the time slime is not needed but isn't bad to add. This adds some support to the studs and a set of tires will last years...if only driven on ice. Sounds like overkill I know but if you use the short sheet metal screws the first time you blip the throttle there are going be a cloud of shrapnel flying from the rear of your quad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts