Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Orlando Fl, the toilet of the South.

Long story short.

Like an Idiot I just bought an 09 Crf450x Honda. Nice trail bike.
I love trails, not tracks. Florida is all sand which sucks on a bike.
I waffled back and forth on which to get, and I am sure now I made a
bad choice with the bike and local riding conditions. Have no clue what I was
thinking... :steamed:

Now trying to dump the 09 Crf and pick up the trx700xx
Hoping to trade straight out and keep my payment the same
We will see.... Crf has maybe 2 hours on it.
09 CRF was 6200.00 the 08 TRX700xx is 4000.00

Stupid Stupid Stupid.... :nuts:

Thanks for letting me vent.. Now back to lurking..........:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
sorry dude! I would think you would be better off selling the 450 and buying a 700xx outright. You will get one broken off in you if you try to trade!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys..

I guess the way I look at it is this, I wanted the 700 when it was 8 grand, I almost bought it when it was 6 grand, now that its 4 grand I cant wait anymore.

My retarded logic---- If I give the dealer my $6000 DB in trade for the $4000 700 but I keep my note the same at 6000 they are in essence getting an almost new bike to sell at a little less than normal and making 2 grand on the 700 plus I am still out what I was going to be out anyways. I almost paid the almost 8 grand for this when it first hit the floor.

Either way Im getting the 700 once tax $$ gets here. If they do try to break it off I will put it on craigslist and sit on it till it goes..
It still has the tits on the tires. Even smells new still. I know once its sold its used, but I have to hold out a little hope. :hey:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Worse thing I can tell you is that A) the 450 is a great bike, I know haha, B) good luck trying to get rid of it during these times C) I would actually try to get some cash back w/ it if you paid that much. B/C if they didn't give you a title which most dealerships dont unless you have it paid off, and it has been a VERY VERY short amount of time, then they can take that back in and sell it again as a DEMO bike. If that is the case, then they can get more out of it than a used bike, if that makes sense at all. But other way, I dont think they can depreciate the value more than $1000 in a short amount of time like that, $1400 max I would say.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome Diver! I Dont feel bad I have done stupid stuff like this myself..If it gets you what you really , then that all that matters if you will to accept the deal..

I bought a brand new Kawasuki 500 dirt bike because it was the biggest baddest out there..I couldn't even find a field big enough to get out of 3rd gear..traded it in 2 weeks later for Basnhee & 400 + more $$..Never looked back

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the welcome.. For whomever might be interested, here is the latest.
Called my Dealer this morning, and had a long chat with them. My Bike was titled, so yes, unfortunately, it is used no matter how I slice it. I can trade my bike in plus roughly $700.00 and be out the door with the 700xx.

I owe 6200 on my bike. So including all the Tax and Title total would be around 7 grand. :nuts:

Maybe Im being stupid again, but I think I should do it..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it gonna be a 2009 XX? or an '08? Just curious..
It will be an 08 which is on sale right now for 4300.
The 09's are 7500.

The only other option I have is to buy the 700 outright which I could do, and put my bike on craigslist and deal with that fiasco and maybe get 4500 MAYBE. Plus I have a little Ching Ching 250 chinese quad that is almost new.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I would try to sell it outright b/c they are raping you. Or try a different dealer perhaps. There is no way they should be cashing in on you like that. In the morning I will talk to my buddy Rob that owns a honda shop, and see what he has to say. He isn't giving his quads away for what they are there, but he should have some insight on whether you should get a better deal than that or not. Frigging used car sales men, haha. I would think you should bring back money from it, b/c as soon as they get it they will list it for 3-400 less than what you bought it for.

·
Registered
228 Posts
^^^ Yeah, resist the rape. I'd Craigslist your two toys and go from there. No reason to throw away money like that. Dealer trades are for stupid lazy rich people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts