Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions/reviews on handle bar/riser combos. I need to eliminate all the vibration and shock I am getting from my steering.

Here is what I have come up with:
Grips: ODI Rouge Grips
Handle Bars: ProTaper Contour ATV Low/Mid Bend (Black)
Risers: Trail Tech Bar Clamps
Bark Busters: Emgo Pro-Guard Reinforced (Black)
Stabilizer: CCP Steering Stabilizer

I was leaning toward the Precision Shock & Vibe riser. The rocks are huge where I ride; tech trails and hidden dangers. Last weekend I about broke my wrist; the bars jerked/jammed me so hard. Quad came to dead stop with me still going and bars came back at me.

I love the indicator light relocation and use with the Trail Tech Bar Clamps, but is not gonna help my wrists from being annihilated.

I need to fix the shock and vibration I am getting from my controls. Suggestions please!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the shock and vibe clamp, I lose the indicator lights, right?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I dont know about the ODI grips but I used Pro Taper pillow grips with Eds anti vibe stem and shock and vibe clamps with Easton bars.
There is ZERO vibration to the bars. Its a wierd and wonderful setup and you dont lose any feedback from the front tyres. Its hard to explain but hell its nice and it works.:D

·
Registered
355 Posts
I saved mine. Trimmed the edges, drilled 4 holes and zip ties all stuck between my S/V clamp and my Renthal pad with the lights on the front side of the pad.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I use Flexx bars, CCP stabilizer, Rox antivibe riser and Odi Rogue grips. Awesome setup!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just put the shock and vibe clamps on my quad. I drilled a couple of holes on the underside of the indicator cluster and zip-tied the cluster to the bars. Looks stock.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I saved mine. Trimmed the edges, drilled 4 holes and zip ties all stuck between my S/V clamp and my Renthal pad with the lights on the front side of the pad.
Have a picture?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just put the shock and vibe clamps on my quad. I drilled a couple of holes on the underside of the indicator cluster and zip-tied the cluster to the bars. Looks stock.
Picture???

I was thinking about going with the shock and vibe, and relocate the indicators to the plastic that covers the tank. There is a small void between the tank and the plastic cover that I am gonna try to cram them into.

How is the install on an anti vibe stem? Is it difficult/time consuming? Do I have to remove alot of other things to get to it?? Should I go ahead and bite the bullet on the anti vibe stem? Is it worth the cost?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Picture???

I was thinking about going with the shock and vibe, and relocate the indicators to the plastic that covers the tank. There is a small void between the tank and the plastic cover that I am gonna try to cram them into.

I put mine at the front of the bars under the scoop behind the headlights.
you dont need to see them all the time .

How is the install on an anti vibe stem? Is it difficult/time consuming? Do I have to remove alot of other things to get to it?? Should I go ahead and bite the bullet on the anti vibe stem? Is it worth the cost?
If youre mechanically minded it aint that bad , the hardest bit is setting the toe and not trying to crunch a few fins on the rad.:eek:hno:
I have a race this Sunday but if you would like pics etc on how to do this ,I can do that for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts