Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well on Saturday i went to a small drag at the local fair..
on the 2 practice drags the track was nice and dry and i beat a big 3 yfz 450 by .46 sec and a piped banshee that also had a 2 in 1 carb by .42.... my time was 5.303 and 5.393 @ 300ft... my xx is bone stock....
now for the race they wet down the track and the water truck stalled on one side makin that side a mini mud pit and i was unlucky both my drags i got that side.... my first lost race was against a big build yfz450 i spun though 75% of the strip pined in 4th and my ass on the rear end and i lost by .543 next lost was by a thunder cat 1000 he got the dry side and i only lost my .01 of a sec and he was in 4wd...

heres the lost times

yfz 5.257
trx 5.800

t cat 1000 5.778
trx 5.788

and u can see how much the mud slowed me down nearly .5 of a sec

the t cat won 1st in its class (stock trail) i was 4th first race was with the t cat

the yfz came 2nd in its class (mod trail) i was 3rd

but i did get the 2nd best time from the mud side of the track... danm 421 banshee 5.568sec

·
Registered
505 Posts
No offense to you, and I am not trying to start anything, but if they gave you a time slip of 5.3 either the track is short or something is wrong with their timing system, the XX is fast... but it ain't runnin 5.3 in 300' all stock.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was surprise when i saw the slip. not everyone believed me when i said i was stock.. ik i got the right slip cause it had my quad #on it... i woulda won alot more races if that track wasn't so muddy form the truck that stalled after practice.. and trust me that company that runs the drags goes all over ny and pa i dont think they would mess up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well that maybe.. but something ain't right, I don't know of any stock quad that will turn 5.3 in 300', with my mods I run 5.2 and I weigh less and produce much more HP, so I just saying they had something off that day.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that maybe.. but something ain't right, I don't know of any stock quad that will turn 5.3 in 300', with my mods I run 5.2 and I weigh less and produce much more HP, so I just saying they had something off that day.
just remember how many thinks can slow a quad down... when i did that run a it was perfect

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have one its on my phone but it just my xx sitting next to a 660 crw45 has it cause i sent it to him.... i dont have a adapter for my micro sd card...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rappy I thought yours would run better than that. My buddys 700r has 11:1 cp, stage 2 hotcam, monster pipes, pc3, stock head and tb. It has ran 5.1-5.2 300ft.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i say a drag is more about rider skill then quad

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so do i... i just wouldn't think that such a big event would have errors like that..

·
Registered
136 Posts
so do i... i just wouldn't think that such a big event would have errors like that..
I agree with rappy that something is deffinatly wrong 5.3 is deff to fast for a stock quad but times really does'nt matter as long as you had fun. Drag racing can be addicting it takes a good rider as well as a good quad.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with rappy that something is deffinatly wrong 5.3 is deff to fast for a stock quad but times really does'nt matter as long as you had fun. Drag racing can be addicting it takes a good rider as well as a good quad.
amen

·
Registered
505 Posts
times really does'nt matter as long as you had fun. Drag racing can be addicting it takes a good rider as well as a good quad.

I totally aggree, and I was not trying to take anything away from that....I was just letting him know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts