1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
You fell just right as to not get hurt to bad!!! Great Video!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Time to get a good bumper the way you keep hitting things! Very nice video!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
glad your ok bet your a bit sore , ive crashed once on my 400ex kinda like your first mishap that was hard on my right wrist i probaly fractured it and never went to the Doctor and my wrist still gives me trouble to this day. glad you had your helmet on too..:xx:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Dude, thats the first vid I think I have seen from the chest, that's cool action except you don't see much with the bike taking half the shot. But I'd recommend a buddy, especially as it seems you like wiping out haha. But the buddy would be good for a few things, one making sure you're okay, two, getting different footage of you wiping out, and three, taking the blame from your sig other if you get hurt, you can blame them haha.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if not a buddy then maybe one of those ive fallen and cant get up things you wear around your neck lol nah jk glad your ok and thanks for sharing this i dont know how you guys ride around all the tress id for sure kill myself if i did

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments and pointers lol. I am okay from the wipeouts. Luckily the gloves, chest protector, and helmet took majority of the blow. It did hurt slamming into the ground (it was not soft), but I'm very blessed to have walked away with a little bit of road rash on my elbows and knee. I've had far worse road rash from falling off my bike as a kid, so the riding gear was great! A lot of people have been telling me to ride with a buddy and I fully agree lol. We did a three day trip up to Hollister CA that weekend (last weekend), and I only went out by myself twice the entire time. Unfortuntely, both times I did go out alone, I wiped out! I shouldn't have been going as fast that last time. We were leaving within the next hour, so while my buddies were packing up their campers and dirtbikes (my stuff was already loaded, minus the 700xx), I decided to do one final ride, which ended 15 minutes after I left lol. So yes, riding buddies are a must! And if you do go solo, take it easy. If I would have smacked that tree, who knows how long I would have laid there until someone came and found me. That first tree I actually did catch was a blessing, it's hard to tell with the fish-eye lens but that was a nasty downhill directly past the tree. I took two steps off the trail, and the headlight was at eye level with me. If it wasn't for that tree in particular and how I caught it, I would have suffered much more than a jammed wrist.

And I'm honestly not a bad rider, I'm usually very conservative! I've been riding quads since I was ten, and can count on one hand the amount of times I've wrecked, including these two, with the last being the worst by far. I should prob post a video of that weekend where I didn't wreck so I don't look like such a rookie lol. But again thanks for everyones concerns and pointers! The quad btw is unharmed. The front A-arm skid plates took the blow from each tree, doing zero damage to the control arms. So the skid plates just paid for themselves! On the other hand, I think I need a new guardian angel, I might have made mine retire after last weekend lol.

In the slow-mo part, I busted out laughing watching your shadow during the crash. Hope your ok and sorry for laughing at you.
No need to be sorry, I laughed too at that shadow! It wouldn't have been as funny if I would have been seriously injured, but it's good to laugh at yourself :)

First I am glad your ok.... second you should have a riding buddy and third... awesome you shared that wipeout!
Despite wiping out, I'm so glad I got it on camera! The camera may have been a reason I wipeout bc I was flying down that trail thinking it'll be great footage lol.

Next upgrade should be rear tires and a sway bar so you can slide the rear. Hope you are ok
Rear tires are going to be ordered soon! I was pushing my luck with bald stock tires. I was thinking the same with the sway bar, but that's part of the reason why I crashed, my rear end slid out too much causing me to head towards that tree. So sliding isn't always a good thing, esp on a tight trail with trees lol. But after this little incident, here are my next purchases to get in order...

1) First-aide kit
2) RZR tires
3) Teixeira adjustable Upper A-arms
4) L8ton sway bar

In stock form, the 700XX is beasty enough, so the big three is going to wait until the time and cash is right. For now and for my safety, the handling is number one priority!

Hopefully that'll be the last crash video you see from me!

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah ive ridden in the desert for years and finally bought a good first aid kit never had one before but you just never know

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
iNick,
Is the helmet damaged? If so, it should be replaced. The video was spectacular but I am glad you weren't seriously injured. I personally would like to see the ride you mentioned that ended with smile on your face.
By-the-way, those Guardian Angels are pretty resilient. What doesn't kill them makes them stronger. lol :lol:
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
iNick,
Is the helmet damaged? If so, it should be replaced. The video was spectacular but I am glad you weren't seriously injured. I personally would like to see the ride you mentioned that ended with smile on your face.
By-the-way, those Guardian Angels are pretty resilient. What doesn't kill them makes them stronger. lol :lol:
Sid

They say you will be okay, as long as you never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts