Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
First time post on the forum, must say I have read and learnt lots from you all to date.
I have recently purchased my 700xx and have been going crazy buying all the good bits to make her go a little better.
My question relates to the suspension.
I have purchased the 9/16 sway bar, the Houser +.75 A-Arms and Elka stage 4 shocks for the front.
I have obvioulsy outlayed a fair bit of cash and wondering what to do with the rear. Can I run the standard rear A-Arms with just the Elka shock upgrade, even though I have the wider front end? Or do I need to now buy the rear +.75 A-Arms as well?
Or wheel spacers or rims etc etc. Is the wider front end a problem?

I curently run standard rims and tyres. (That's next...)

Your advice on this would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I dont see an issue with Running the Stock A-arms with Upgraded shocks in the rear, youmay have some Handling issues but they shouldnt be to much. If you do go to 10" wheels in the rear then the +.75 in front should come close to matching the back. Others will have other opinions and Most tend to ride more then I do but thats my 2 cents.. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would say keep stock rear a arms and do elkas in the rear. Stay with 11" wheel on kenda kutters or maxxis razrs. The front being wider than the rear helps with turning. I have +.75 in the front but did it through wheel offsets because it's a lot cheaper and i love it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We run spacer with the Elka's in the rear

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's right Alba

1 - 8 of 8 Posts