Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
just got my 700xx and live here in the mountains of wv. goin be doin alot open trail riding, hill climbing, and some woods riding. i'm not a racer but do ride aggressive and am about 185lbs. any recommendations on suspension adjustments/settings???:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
there is a good thrad to check out started by simplyorange.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Trial and error. Just write down or mark where they are currently. Next loosen or tighten the front only and ride. When you find a comfortable setting move to the rear and do the same.

The thread Remington is referring to about SimplyOrange posting was generally saying to soften the front so it will nose easier putting more weight on the front tires helping steering. There are to many riding factors for everyone to use this so your back to trial and error finding your "sweet spot".

·
Registered
528 Posts
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2143

one day ill have my buddy take a vid of how it handles. i can drift it in a 30' diameter circle WOT in second gear now, with the all soft suspension it just kept pulling the front up and pushing straight, and it had alot more body roll. it a good place to start but smooth is right, it will take adjustment for you personally. i dont like all the way soft in the front, just softer than the rear but thats because i kinda like riding it like my streetbikes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2143

one day ill have my buddy take a vid of how it handles. i can drift it in a 30' diameter circle WOT in second gear now, with the all soft suspension it just kept pulling the front up and pushing straight, and it had alot more body roll. it a good place to start but smooth is right, it wil ake adjustment for you personally. i dont like all the way soft in the front, just softer than the rear but thats because i kinda like riding it like my streetbikes.

Now if only you would actually go riding....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Now if only you would actually go riding....

i go riding all the time, saturdays are really hard for me though because of my little boy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks for the input guys...guess i'll just play around with it and see what i come up with...but i also tend to ride it like i do my street bike..so i'll prob keep in mind keepin my front a tad softer than the rear...thanks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts