Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hopping to get rid of the stock suspension on my 700xx. Could anyone help me decide what I should replace the suspension with. Preferably on the less expensive side but also good. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have Elka shocks front and back. Some members use Fox shocks. Neither is cheap. You could use DS450 shocks on the front... they require a bit of grinding to the top eyelet to fit, but is a cheaper way to go.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
YFZ 450 shocks are good as well but they will lower your bike down a bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
LTR450 shocks will fit also, with a little tweaking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How are your LTR450 shocks working for you Priesty.?
Mine are great with a few small adjustments. It is now so obvious that with kutters and front shocks with proper damping that the trx is a killer on the trails!
Mine is stock apart from that and most guys can,t keep up!!
mervex

·
Registered
111 Posts
How are your LTR450 shocks working for you Priesty.?
Mine are great with a few small adjustments. It is now so obvious that with kutters and front shocks with proper damping that the trx is a killer on the trails!
Mine is stock apart from that and most guys can,t keep up!!
mervex
Yeah just tested them out this weekend in fact. Definitely an improvement, but still need to fine-tune the fast compression as choppy terrain was very harsh, however the slow compression seems fine, less body roll & larger hits were all ok.
Do you know which adjust is for fast comp, & if I adjust that will I need to re-adjust the rebound as well ? PM me your settings if u can & I might use them as a start point.
cheers......

Edit: After a bit of research, it appears that there is only slow compression adjustment & the nut is just a locking mechanism, can anyone confirm this ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts