Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been a lot of discussion about the sway bar and a-arms. Has anyone tried it without the sway bar? Yamaha had a recall on the Rhinos and removed the sway bar because it was making it easier to turn over. Maybe it was to stiff, I don't know. But it certainly made mine a lot more driveable, especiall in the sand. I thought removing it would be going in the wrong direction on the Rhino but it has actually helped with the body lean and the rear end articulation. Just thought I would ask before I removed mine from the 700 to give it a try. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know there has been a lot of discussion about the sway bar and a-arms. Has anyone tried it without the sway bar? Yamaha had a recall on the Rhinos and removed the sway bar because it was making it easier to turn over. Maybe it was to stiff, I don't know. But it certainly made mine a lot more driveable, especiall in the sand. I thought removing it would be going in the wrong direction on the Rhino but it has actually helped with the body lean and the rear end articulation. Just thought I would ask before I removed mine from the 700 to give it a try. Thanks
I would also like to know the outcome

·
Registered
821 Posts
I am going to make an assumption. Without sway bar, great on really rough stuff, slow speed. Really bad on corners and high speed handling. Everybody says thicker than stock swaybars are great(9/16, 11/16). But going opposite direction is bad. If it was better not o have one honda would've skimped and left it off. And its the first I heard about taking them off of rhinos, 4 of my buddys have rhinos and didn't hear about it either, I checked before I wrote this.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Not tried the 700 without. Before I got the Sonic and before there was the L8ton one, I tried to get my Rincon bar to work. It was to wide, but about the right diameter. I rode the Rincon for a bit without a bar just to see what it was like. Felt scary to me. IMO it depends totally on the rear shocks and how they are set up to work together with the bar. Ideally you would have shocks that had good enough slow speed compression that you could get away with a lot less sway bar, but most of us don't want to go to that expense.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am going to make an assumption. Without sway bar, great on really rough stuff, slow speed. Really bad on corners and high speed handling. Everybody says thicker than stock swaybars are great(9/16, 11/16). But going opposite direction is bad. If it was better not o have one honda would've skimped and left it off. And its the first I heard about taking them off of rhinos, 4 of my buddys have rhinos and didn't hear about it either, I checked before I wrote this.

I find that a little body roll helps out on the fast long corners and makes the xx predictiable in the slow stuff. This is something , I have learnt and willing to try,running the xx without a swaybar , if I had the time and practice tracks availible , I would do !. Also Duramax , you sneeking a peek at my notes !
The IRS on the 700xx , is the best thing about it. It has alot of advantages over the sra's , you dial it in right , you'll never want a sra again. IMO ! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts