Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody else is using a tank bag and if so what kind and how well is it working out. I am thinking of buying one but not sure how well they fit on the XX. Need something to hold a few things while out on the trails and figured this would be the solution. If anybody has pics that would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah having a place for a map would be nice. I just want to find out if the bag would hang down to much and hit the exhaust pipe so I can put a few things while out riding

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
BuckeyeXX,
I use a Camelbak. It has lots of storage space plus providing a convenient water supply. It isn't for everyone but is certainly is worth looking at. The water issue is really important for me. I try to ride in the summer here in the desert but sometimes it is just too darn hot.
Good luck in your search.
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I also use a Camelback... But don't wear it on my back. I don't like any kind of weight on my shoulders. I sling my Camelback on my bars so that the bag hangs in front... blocks the headlight but doesn't block air flow to radiator. I secure the bottom to my front bumper using a small bungee so that it doesn't swing back and forth. Most of the weight is supported by front plastics so I really don't feel any difference in turning.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
roadkill,
Great idea! If I am out for quite a while on a real hot day the water starts to warm up even though the bag was filled with mostly ice and some water. I might try to secure it to the front of the bike as you suggested. The weight on my back doesn't bother me but warm drinking water does.:lol:
Thanks,
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
roadkill,
Great idea! If I am out for quite a while on a real hot day the water starts to warm up even though the bag was filled with mostly ice and some water. I might try to secure it to the front of the bike as you suggested. The weight on my back doesn't bother me but warm drinking water does.:lol:
Thanks,
Sid
Well, I don't know if it'll keep the water any cooler... I haven't tested that. I just like the weight off my shoulders while still having everything I need right there.

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
I tried the tank saddlebag type and the gas cap tank one and neither worked for me. on the saddle ones like you said it goes too close to the header so almost cooked my phone and it just gets between your knees and tank sides. The other one did not let my handlebars turn all the way as the handlebar hit the tank bag. Don't know if this would be an issue with the xx but please consider both. I have been on the quest of getting more storage options and what I have come up with that works is this:
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2433&highlight=storage+options
See if you can do something similar on the xx.

Also just installed one of these:
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...atId=24&keyword=fender+bag&prodFamilyId=15581
On my front left fender, facing my left knee. Will try it out and let you know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the input! Rappyfreak I like the tube on the front bumper thats a great idea for putting a tow strap and what ever else you may need on the trail. I never really thought about the handle bars hitting the bag but I can see how it could so I am thinking about trying the hydration pac made by fox. They have one at rocky mountain for only 40 bucks on sale so it looks like the way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts