Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Teixeira Anti-Vibe Steering Stem & Precision Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp COMBO

I just had a long conversation with ED @ Teixeira... Nice guy. Very helpful.

The plan:
Teixeira Tech Anti-Vibe Steering Stem +2 @ 1.25"
CCP Steering Stabilizer
Black SS Brake Lines
Precision-RP Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp
Easton EXP M99 53/RM Mid Bars
ODI Rouge Grips
ASV Shorty Levers
Emgo Pro-Guard Reinforced

I don't another broken wrist. :eek:hno:

Have:
CCP Steering Stabilizer
ODI Rouge Grips
ASV Shorty Levers
Emgo Pro-Guard Reinforced

Requesting a package deal from Ed @ Teixeira:
Teixeira Tech Anti-Vibe Steering Stem +2 @ 1.25"
Black SS Brake Lines
Precision-RP Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp
Easton EXP M99 53/RM Mid Bars

My questions: :nuts:
1) Will the stock throttle and clutch cables be sufficent or do I need Motion Pro +2 throttle and clutch cables?
2) Do I need extended length SS brake lines?
3) Should I get the Fasst Co. Anti-Vibration Inserts?
4) Do I need Teixeira's brake line holders?
5) I have read about the "T" bracket for the brake lines needing to be bent or cut and re-welded for the CCP Steering Stabilizer. How much more of a problem is this going to be with a greater diameter stem? (1.25")
6) Where should I relocate my indicator lights to?

Anything else I have missed, ideas or thought, please comment. :thanks:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
#1) Stock clutch cable should be fine. I can't help you out on the thumb throttle cable as I run a Motion Pro twist throttle setup and this works without a extended cable.
#2) I run 52" twin lines over the standard 3 line "T" setup. I found this to work better in both instalment and helps out with the front brakes overheating.
#3) No , they are not needed. The Teixeira Tech antivibe stem plus PRP anti shock and vibe clamps with Easton bars ,will reduce vibration about 95-98%. The rest is in the grips you choose. I run Pro Taper Pillow Top grips. Again this is my expieriance and I have never seen or tried ODI grips.
#4) I forgot to order mine ,when I ordered the a-arms .
#5) see #2 and order the stabiliser with a Yamaha stem clamp.
#6) under the front hood.

Also remember to ask Ed for some CRF rubber dampners for the stem or get them from you local Honda dealer. Something else ,I forgot about.
I have been running something similar and would run the same ,what ever make of quad ,I run in the future. You'll never find a better setup.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baxter,

Thanks for the respond. I was gonna PM you about this because I saw your setup. http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost.php?p=81480&postcount=18 It is very similar.
What Easton bar do you have?
You have and idea of the bar height and sweep/pullback differences between what you're running versus stock? With my setup, Ed was estimating something like .75"-1" height gain over stock...
I was watching a few of your racing videos and it looked like your bars were a low bend? Does the bar location force a up front riding style?

2: I am on the stock a-arms. Does the 52" length for the twin lines still apply? Are yours Galfer or Streamline? I would imagine it makes it much easier to reverse bleed twins rather than the 3 line.

CRF rubber dampers? Should I pick up the Lonestar Racing 450r Ali stem clamp or Red & Black said there was teixeira tech anti vibe clamp?

Hopefully I can get it all sorted and ordered tomorrow! :thanks:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the trigger with Ed on the +2 stem, the shock & Vibe, the Easton Bar, and some brake line holders. I am gonna re-use the stock stem clamp. The slick Lonestar racing clamp would never be seen...
Ed says you are running 1.25"-1.5" extended a-arms. So I will reduce the twin front lines to 51"? Ed and I came to a consensus on the 51" dimension, but I think it is the blind leading the blind. Can you comment, Baxter?

I am really REALLY not looking forward to taking the J-n-J skids off to gain access to the bottom of the stem!! :birds:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and ordered the 52" twin lines in black from Streamline.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 52" twin lines in black from Streamline.
The 52" will work well with the stock a-arms, I am running +1.25" Ed's a-arms and they are only just long enough with lower than stock handlebar height. About 3/4" lower.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Emgo handguards would not work with the tapered bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.