Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant decide if you want to drop the coin on the CXC upper arms?

Maybe this will help you.

Review:

At first glance they look a lot nicer than the stock arms. Feel nice and sturdy.

Installation was a breeze. Setup was a little time consuming but not terrible.

First ride impressions: Turns 1000.5% better, feels fine.

Was barely on the throttle (didn't have grease in the bearings yet so I wasn't being rough with it) and it will turn like a solid axle now.

Lightly dragging the front brakes and shifting my weight I could almost pivot around the front inside tire doing donuts on grass. Something I could never do before. It would always try to pop a wheelie.

First race with them:

Not having much seat time on them I was kind of leary going into my first race (Cross Country) with the arms. But after about half a lap I soon found out I LOVE THEM!!!!

They make the front end feel a little light but it turns sooooo much better you would never think it was possible from a XX.

I made some turns that solid axles couldn't even make. They seem to help the tires grab and pull the front end around instead of pushing through the turn.

After the first lap it was like riding around on a couch through the woods and it turns like it should have from the factory. And jumping wise it didn't change a thing.

I can't comment on the high speed/desert style riding though. I only have experience with them in the tight trails of XC.

Installation:

Couldn't be easier to install.

Put the front end up on a jack stand to let both front tires hang freely and remove both front tires.

Unbolt the brake line clamps from the upper arms and pull the brake line out of the hook, but leave it attached to the caliper.

I found it easier to remove the bolts at the frame first, so remove both of them and set them aside as you will need them later.

Then get the cotter pin out in whatever fashion you wish. (I just broke it at the eyelet part and pulled them out in two pieces) Then remove the nut and toss it aside.

Next get the arm moved to where you can pull up on it and take a hammer to hit the sides of the spindle around the ball joint. Doesn't take much effort so don't go King Kong on it. May have to move back and forth from side to side once or twice. My left side came out with two hits, the right took about 5.

If you want to keep the stock arms for spares, put the nuts back on the ball joints and put them in a place where you wont lose them. If you don't want them put them on here or eBay or something.

Get out your new arms, put your ball joints in them with the small nut and toothed washer on the ball joint side, and the other toothed washer and large lock nut on the frame side.

Make sure you have the correct side (I put one on upside down first) and slip the ball joint into the spindle. Then put the washer (if there is one, I don't remember) and lock nut on, and tighten it down to seat the ball joint and make sure it wont wobble around.

Next put the other ends in their holders and install the bolts you set aside from earlier.

For the brake lines you can either use aftermarket holders (Teixeira Tech makes some as well as many others) or do as I did and just use zip ties.

Adjusting:

This can get time consuming but once you get it done it's well worth it.

Ed told me for XC racing you want -2* camber with a rider on it. I found this to be a big PITA so I went with what another member on here said and set them to -1* unloaded (on the jack stand) and they seemed to work fine for me.

I used one of these

And a flat piece of metal to go across the rim to measure my camber.

Then I set the caster on the second tooth from the front.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pictures:

This is how it looks installed. You can see I just used my stock rubbers from the stock clamps and ran 2 zip ties around them to hold the brake lines to the arms.

This is how it looks after hitting a tree.

But this is how another members looks after the same thing.

So either I got lucky or the TT's are much stronger.

Random cell phone pic while working on them.

Overall I was happy with them. I just wish TT made stock replacement lowers too.

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Great review! looks like I won't be able to really test my a arms until the trip to WV in April.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Um I'd say the teixeira arms are much stronger than stock

Where is the vid man it should have been up by now

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Helmet is still out in the garage.

I'll get around to it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
wish my a-arms help up that well when i hit the tree but as you can see from the pic they didnt, how fast were you going when you managed to hit the tree

nice review man, im keen on the teixeira tech arms but still decieding to go plus 2 or plus 1 1/4

·
Registered
258 Posts
i was in hosptial for about 2 days, severe soft tissue and muscle damage and a fractured pelvis, severe concusion smashed the chin guard off the helmet and put a split up the back of it, i landed on my right hip when i didnt see a whop in 5th pinned, still have a limp a yr on

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
i was in hosptial for about 2 days, severe soft tissue and muscle damage and a fractured pelvis, severe concusion smashed the chin guard off the helmet and put a split up the back of it, i landed on my right hip when i didnt see a whop in 5th pinned, still have a limp a yr on
Wow, that sucks. I just had a roofer who fell 25ft. off a roof and only broke his ankle. Dialed the patient in with morphine and it was allllll gooooood. haha

·
Registered
258 Posts
mmm morphine.... the only thing better than the morphine was the hot nurse who told me she was going to take my pants off!

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
mmm morphine.... the only thing better than the morphine was the hot nurse who told me she was going to take my pants off!
Haha, there are so I'd like to ask out but its hard to slip in during a patient report. Patient complains of nausea and vomitting, want to go out sometime? Just doesn't work, lol. Sorry for hijacking the thread, back to the A-arms. ha

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was in top of second bottom of third range of speed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i got a real phone number out of it, been the patient its easier to play the simpathy card, but you could always try the corny lines like "patient complains of a fever but thats normal caus i guess im that hot its just infectious" haha dont think it would work but you have to try

Sorry for hikacking the thread too, wont happen anymore

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Helmet is still out in the garage.

I'll get around to it.
NO! thats not good enough I want it up NOW!!! :steamed:

I told you to give it to me Id post it you just dont want me slow mo'ing it and repeting it ten times lmao

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Great review!
I agree

Um I'd say the teixeira arms are much stronger than stock
I agree again , I bought the uppers because I got fed up straightening the stock uppers.

nice review man, im keen on the teixeira tech arms but still decieding to go plus 2 or plus 1 1/4
If you want to run lower ride height , using shorter front shocks . Get the +2 wide +1 forward . The +1 forward will help with the front end weight added doing this. Stock length front shocks do something similar to putting 450r fronts and standard travel a-arms. Not measured the LT Teixeira front a-arms with stock length S1 shocks yet but will do so real soon.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I did have one question. Did you have the sway bar before the A-Arms or after? I was just curious. I am really interested in these but just didnt know if your write up was with just the arms or with both?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Me to, I really want to know what it feels like with a-arms and sway bar. If nobody does areport, I will when I can afford to get them both.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Red-N-Black is correct.

I think I like the A arms more than the sway bar, but nobody will be able to get me to take the sway bar off. I think the xx should have both of them no matter what kind of riding you do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts