Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some of the older members of this site may recall, the first 700XX I bought has been with Teixeira Tech for a while. Ed has been using it to mock up all the products he is making for the XX. His biggest project is a full desert setup, new front and rear a-arms. He has been pretty tight lipped on everything, but I was able to get someone inside his shop to take a couple of pics and send them to me. Hehehe...

Doug

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Alright, well my spy was Ed himself, these are pics he sent me yesterday, everything is pretty much finished up. He has actually been sending me updates all along, but I was sworn to secrecy!

Some of the specs. (Hopefully I remember these correctly, if not, I am sure Ed will chime in.) This setup adds about 2" to the wheel base. Front arms are +2 wide and +1 forward. Don't remember exactly how wide the rears are, what ever they needed to be to match the front width then they are +1 back. I believe those widths will put the quad between 50 and 51" wide. Shocks are from Motowoz, thanks to Jim over there for working with Ed on this project.

This is the first pic of the quad Ed has sent me in a while, I was starting to wonder if he still had it. I know the rear arms were giving him fits trying to get clearance for everything, I figured he pushed it outside of his shop and threw a match in the gas tank! haha In all seriousness though, I am sure Ed has a few more grey hairs now, thanks to him for pushing forward and and staying with it.

Don't think Ed is quite ready to sell these yet, sounded like he wants me to put some test time on everything first and see how everything works. I am pretty tied up the next couple of weekends, but right now the plan is for me to pick the quad up June 1st. Will for sure get some more pics and follow up with a ride report. I can't wait to take this thing for a ride!!

Any questions on pricing and availability on this stuff, I am going to ask that you send Ed a PM or give him a call, not sure what his exact plans are yet.

Doug

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks sick!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the width I need to stay at 49 or 50
I know when this first started, Ed was shooting for the width to end up between 50 and 51", not sure where the final number ended up, would have to check with Ed. I am guessing though that it will for sure not be less then 50" wide, since that was one of the reasons he stretched the wheelbase.

Doug

·
Registered
198 Posts
What is the width I need to stay at 49 or 50
With the quad at 9 inches of ride height, that is with me sitting on it, the front is 51.75" wide and the rear is 51.25" wide. The quad will narrow up a little if it sits higher, but not a huge amount. The rear would also be a little narrower with stock rims. These rims are all DWT rims on this one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Awsome! I have a +6 long travel on my Rhino and know what a huge differance it makes. I will be waiting to see this kit in action.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Any updates to this set up?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any updates to this set up?
Below is a thread I started after I got the quad back a couple of months ago:

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8064

Not really much to update since that thread. I raced a night race on the quad about a month ago. Was very impressed with how it worked, my biggest problem was I had to use the stock headlight, that sucked!! Need to do a little tuning to the rear shocks, then it will be perfect. Haven't ridden it since that night race, just been busy, and its been flippen hot here!

Doug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts