Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Teixeira tech upper a-arms and wanted to know stock camber and caster angles. Anybody know.
Will do full write up when I have them fitted.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got them fitted and they fitted real easy. No crowbars, sledge hammer or blow torch needed. These top a-arms from Ed are camber adjustable which is easy and caster adjustable.
Workmanship is top notch as is paint finish . Took about 20mins to change over and now just to set the toe in at 6mm and ready to go. Trying them out next weekend at round 2.
Pics to follow.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried these today and have to say a BIG improvement in cornering . The only problem I had was , you can corner so much faster that I had to adjust the preload on the front by 10mm to stop them from bottoming out.
Ed you have made me a believer. Cheers Ace. :yay:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the delay been busy. Here ya go some pics.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting White Automotive tire

Automotive tire Bicycle fork Automotive lighting Bicycle part Bicycle saddle

Price for Teixeira Tech upper a-arms $275
Price for Honda OEM upper a-arms $269

Got fed up of straightening the stock upper a-arms and with the Teixeira Tech ones I cured the problem by being able to steer around the tree instead of sliding into it .
I originally bought these as it was cheaper than buying stock ones and shipping to the UK. I wish I had these 12 months ago when I bought my 700xx. :D

Heres the link if you want to know more.
http://www.teixeiratech.com/products.asp?cat=43

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
355 Posts
Baxter, I kinow you have stage 1 Elka's and standard travel. Now the upper a-arms. This is the set up I've thought would give me the best bang for the buck. Basically I am purely a desert hobby rider who would like to a couple local desert races a year. Just for fun. Would you say that your current set up is with every penny and hearing my plans would you recommend I do the same set up as you? Again I will never race more than once or twice a year but do like to tear it up and obviously the better control and suspension the more aggressive I can ride.
Please give us some advice as I'm sure there are others who's budgets are limited and just don't have several grand for suspensions and a-arm assemblies.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are the caster & camber setting that you are using?
Caster is in the middle position but going to try #2 next time and camber was 2 degrees.

Markas214 , I would get stage 3 shocks for the front . The stage 1s I am using are becoming out grown.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Baxter, I kinow you have stage 1 Elka's and standard travel. Now the upper a-arms. This is the set up I've thought would give me the best bang for the buck. Basically I am purely a desert hobby rider who would like to a couple local desert races a year. Just for fun. Would you say that your current set up is with every penny and hearing my plans would you recommend I do the same set up as you? Again I will never race more than once or twice a year but do like to tear it up and obviously the better control and suspension the more aggressive I can ride.
Please give us some advice as I'm sure there are others who's budgets are limited and just don't have several grand for suspensions and a-arm assemblies.
Sorry didn't read this fully this morning. To answer your question properly, Yes stage 1 and Teixeira Tech upper a-arms would be the best bang for your buck and worth every penny.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I tried these today and have to say a BIG improvement in cornering . The only problem I had was , you can corner so much faster that I had to adjust the preload on the front by 10mm to stop them from bottoming out.
Ed you have made me a believer. Cheers Ace. :yay:
Great Baxter!! I really appreciate the positive feedback. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have and I'm glad that your race results have improved. I sold out of these faster than expected. Another production run of these are almost done.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Credit where credit is due, I am waiting for another review so I can see they helped other members . But I do like these a-arms.
As for results.
Round 1 was ,lets say inbarrasing hence no posts.
Round 2 (with Eds arms and stock motor ,exhaust ,etc.etc.)
Placed 9 outta 15 riders in my class and 2:02 mins per lap off Winrow. Paul Winrow is the UK version of Bill Ballance and a good friend.
So I am chuffed on these results and if I can break under 2 minutes off Winrow then :yay:.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts