Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the Vegas to Reno race last weekend, I went home by the way of California and took my 700XX to Ed Teixeira at Teixeira Tech. The plan is for Ed to build front and rear a-arms and a stem. I can not wait to see what he comes up with! I will post pics of the progress as he sends them to me and once it is done. If anyone is interested in stuff, give Ed a call and let him know. (www.teixeiratech.com)

Doug

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So figure it is about time for an update. My 700XX is still with Teixeira Tech. Ed had other projects in front of it, and I had no money for shocks anyway until here recently, so I knew it would be awhile before I got it back. That is fine with me, I am in no big hurry. Ed has started on it and released his first product, a replacement upper a-arm for those that want to stay stock width but have caster and camber adjustment. Below is the description from Ed and a pic.

“We have just completed our Honda TRX 700XX Upper Replacement A-arms. These are a much needed upgrade for this ATV. The Honda TRX 700XX comes with a lot of castor and makes it difficult to steer in tight situations. With our CXC Adjustment System, you can make the steering on this quad much quicker and handle better through tight corners and terrain. This will greatly reduce your fatigue. These are also availabe with our needle bearing upgrade as are all our other a-arms. Check our website for current pricing. www.teixeiratech.com

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed is still working on wider front and rear a-arms, along with a stem. Last I talked to him, his plan was to go a full 50" to 51" wide. He already has someone lined up to produce axles for the rear, just needs to get done designing the rear suspension. He has some really good ideas for the rear, just needs to see if he can make everything work with the space he has available back there. That is all I can say for now, I was sworn to secrecy! haha Once I have some more info, I will post some more updates.

Doug

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
sra????

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell no!!! The reason I bought the 700XX was for the IRS, I don't want no stinkin' solid rear axle! It will still be IRS.

Doug

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
silly guys you know irs is better for older men !

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darn, I almost had the straight axle conversion done for this thing. :lol:

Ed
Well, back to the drawing board! haha

I all seriousness though, I would think trying to convert a 700XX to a solid rear axle would be a major undertaking. I am sure lots of fabrication would be needed. As much as I hate to say it, if someone is looking for a solid axle 700cc machine, you should buy a Raptor.:nuts:

Doug

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any news and I am availbe for testing , if needed . :D:D:D
No news. I have not even talked to Ed in a couple of weeks, not sure if he has even had a chance to do anything with the 700XX. Probably give him a call in the next week or so.

Once I have some news, I will post a update.

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts