Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost it my 3rd day out. I went up a mountain and lost it on the way down going into a turn. I went off the trail and it rolled twice. Once right over me. I bent the bars, small tear on the back of the seat, bent Ebrake lever and some scratches on the plastic. I was wearing full gear and only took some scratches and bruises on my arms. I believe it was a lack of experience and skill more than anything. A desert trail can turn ugly with rocks, steep drops/climbs small narrow canyons and lots of other hazards pretty quickly. I've learned to scout a little before I get into trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
The worst I had was on my 400ex. I was jumping fmx, when I hit the ramp I let off the gas too early. I came at the ground like a torpedo dropping about 17 ft. out of the air. I did a forward roll off the atv when it impacted. I landed flat on my back while the atv was doing a front flip behind me. I stood up and the atv landed back on its wheels and ran me over. I threw it off me, got back on and jumped again. Haha, o to be young and stupid. Lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
3 weeks ago I was riding my XX in the road ditch and I came up on what looked like a drainage ditch so I braked hard and turned to go up to the shoulder of the road, the quad ejected me and I remember the quad in the air above me and got the heck out of the way. Flipped the quad back on it's wheels and kept riding. Bent the steering stem back and it is cracked half way around. Was lucky to be able to ride it back home. My shin below my knee must have hit the bars on my way off as that hurt and I think I stretched a muscle by my hip. Mostly all that was hurt was my pride. Still haven't got the $$ to get a stem.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I crashed my 700XX the first time in over a year of ownership last time out just over a week ago. Was on a trail I'd ridden countless other times, and must have been going faster than usual or something. Anyway, I was in mid 3rd gear and high-sided it to the left on this banked turn, and the quad flipped to the right. It slammed my right shoulder and chest into the ground directly into this rock sticking out. It was a hard sudden landing, and it all happened so fast it was weird. I immediately got up and took a short break to make sure I was OK and let the birdies stop spinning:nuts:. Another rider on a dirtbike happened to stop by and helped my buddy upright the quad. The only thing broken was the right front fender from its mounts, the clutch lever rotated down and the left grip was torn:mad:. I was in shock for a few minutes, but the I got alright and was able to finish the ride:rock:. My right shoulder and chest are still a little sore to this day.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I only have a few on a quad. I could tell stories all day about crashing on dirt bikes, those damn two wheelers are dangerous I tell you! Below is by far the worst crash I ever had on a quad.

Last September at the Silver State 300 I was riding the second to last section, abut 80 miles or so. About 60 miles into it, from what I was told, there is a high speed left hand corner, I clip a rock with the left front tire and cart wheel the quad. Of course, I remember nothing, not even the crash. (A few weeks later, after talking to others who rode the same section, the last thing I remember was about 5 miles before the crash.) Next guy in the race comes along, and I guess I am laying in the middle of the road knocked out with the quad about 30 feet away upside down. I come to about the time he gets to me. Again, I remember none of this! Couple more people stop and want me to wait for help, I told them I was fine and wanted to keep going so we could finish the race. So I got back on the quad and rode 20 miles to the next pit. Oh yeah, of course I do not remember anything about that 20 miles. First thing I really remember is coming in to the pit. Quad was kind of beat up, but my teammates get it back together enough for one of them to ride to the finish.

I get in one of the chase trucks and we all head for the finish to pick up my teammate and quad. I was acting pretty out of it, so everyone decides I should go to the hospital when we get back to town. I only remember some small things about the ride back, not much at all. We get to the ER, I do not even remember getting there, going in, or waiting to be called back. The first thing I really remember clearly is being in the back with the doctor, from here I pretty much remember everything. My right hip is really sore and starting to swell, so the doc takes some x-rays of my hip and a scan of my head to check everything out. Everything is fine, just beat up, need some time to heal. I feel very lucky, it could have been alot worse.

So that was my first time ever in a ER, and I plan on it being my last! Three weeks later I rode in the last race of the year, hip was killing me, but had to ride, we ended up getting second in the year end championship. Almost seven months later, my damn hip is still a little sore!

Doug

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I've been very, VERY lucky. Most of you have seen where I rolled my quad on me, but I had another somewhat funny near crash.

I was practicing my launches with paddles and going through the gears when on time I mis-judged how little room I had to stop. I was in the top of fifth when I locked up the rear wheels and slid what seemed forever through pea gravel. I slid on through some brush and into a ditch that had only 1 and a half feet of clean water with a hard bottom. I only got wet, put it in first gear and rode it out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
My worst one on the xx was the day from the video I posted where my cousin and I are doing donuts with our legs out trying to hit each other. I had a flat back tire there, b/c earlier that day I was trying to climb this sweet looking gravel hill, that had some snow and ice on it. I had a pretty good launch, got about 2/3s of the way up it and started to turn around b/c I couldn't go any further and hit a little ravine and it just started rolling. I flew off and it rolled over me, and rolled 6 more times b4 getting to the bottom. But being me, I had to try it again, w/ a better launch. However my cousin climbed the hill this time to try and save it if I lost it. Needless to say I got abotu 3/4 of the way up, started turn and hit the damn lil ravine again, and as I stopped b/c my cousin was in the way (otherwise I believe I could of saved it), it started to roll, so I was climbing off the up hill side and my cousin tried to grab the rear well, and as it started rolling he held on and it catapulted him down the hill. After 2 or 3 rolls, it landed on HIM lol. it was a wonderful day. Just got a flat tire, and a few scratches. Amazingly, nothing got bent or anything.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sounds like you have some pretty strong family ties. I know I wouldn't do that for my cousins.:hey:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
gotta love the wheel in front of the camera lol

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
OK, only 2 crashes in my short riding career... so far.
The first was with my first quad... a 300ex. I was riding tight technical trails near Auburn, CA at a place called Foresthill. I was in 3rd just dodging trees and I clipped a tree root with my right front tire... just spun me around a full 360 then flipped over on top of me. Broke my throttle thumb when the bars jerked back. But, didn't know my thumb was broke till the next day and kept riding the rest of the day.
My latest crash was with my 700xx about a year ago at a place called Stonyford. Trail went from flat to steep to steeper and back to flat only to go steep again. I should've gone from 2nd to 1st going from steep to steeper... stalled it and grabbed the brakes, but that didn't help at all... just started sliding backwards, got sideways and rolled... right over me and kept going down the hill. Left me splatted against the rocks at the top of the hill with my quad upside down at the bottom. My right shoulder and ribs got banged but good. Needed help to get my quad right side up because I only had my left arm to use. A guy and his daughter came up the trail before my buddies got back down to me. My MX pants were half way to my knees from sliding and being too loose. I asked the Dad if he could help me get my pants pulled up. Couldn't get them pulled up with just my left hand. Quad had 3 bent rims, a bent a-arm, bent bars, broken front brake lever and plastic was all chewed up. I rode back to camp and my friends loaded my quad back into my truck for me and then I drove 80 miles to the nearest hospital. I ended with 2 cracked ribs and a cracked scapula. Then had to drive another 220 miles back home. Hospital gave me an Rx for vicodan, but couldn't take any because I still had to drive home. Was back riding within a month.

roadkill

·
Registered
446 Posts
I rolled my machine at Rampart Range in CO, came around a turn with a downhill slope and it narrowed to almost exactly the width of my 700. I was going a bit too fast and my right tire caught the wall and flipped my machine right over on top of me and we both (atv and I) slid to a stop about 15 feet down the hill. Thankfully I ended up sideways under the seat and there was a low spot in the middle of the trail from all the motorcycles that gave me some breathing room. I can still remember my dads face when he came around the corner and saw me laying there.

I also Flipped my machine at the dunes at the top of one of the mountains, I didn't have paddles yet and I was gonna slide the back end around to head back down the hill. As I hit the gas the tires caught in the wet sand and flipped my machine over, I landed on my feet right in front of 2 guys on their banshee's.... so embarrasing, flipped my machine over and rode for the rest of the day humbled.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Besides the latest one last Sunday, I remember one time riding the Pauite trail in Utah with my buddy who has a XR650 and was following him which he took me on a "cow" trail, one side was uphill and the other was a ravine, I was lucky going one way but on the way back my bike started to slide down the ravine which was about 15' deep, I stayed on the bike and somehow kept it upright with full brakes, my buddy came back and when he saw where I was, told me to jump off the bike and I told him no way, it's going to cost me $$ if the bike rolls the wrong way so he went back to camp and got a rope and he loop one end at a tree and the other end on my front bumper and we started slowy rolling the bike down the ravine, him holding down the rope and I releasing the brakes on/off. We weren't done since we had to push/lift/pull the bike about another 30' before we could find a spot where I could ride the bike up the ravine, afterwards, we decided to head back to the camp and leave since it was Sunday and we were exhausted due to the bike.

Save the bike so it was worth the workout!!

Found a picture of the ravine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sounds like you have some pretty strong family ties. I know I wouldn't do that for my cousins.:hey:
We grew up together (2 yrs apart), and are both into stuff like this whereas my brothers would rather play MX vs ATV on the PS3.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
rolled her down a mountain the first month. got thrown off for casing doubles. hooked up doing donuts and flew off. bailed off on some sand dune jumps. stayed on on others messed my arm up bad. slamed in to my buddy in the snow/dirt/sand. ok think thats all of them. stay tuned for (remington getting crushed under xx for trying back flip)

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
gonna have to rename you after streebike tommy if you do that.
oh god no!!!! lol if look closely on the right side of the ramp it says "2x as fast" quoteing them from when he jumped the street bike.:lmao:

·
Registered
446 Posts
This is what happens when you slam into the side of a volvo that pulls out 10' in front of you on a 55mph highway

1 - 20 of 60 Posts