Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would go ahead and get a thread started for us down here. The NC and KY thread seem to working as it was intended.

Anyway, as of right now, me and a few friends are going to Coal Creek (Oliver Springs, Tn) this coming weekend. Plan to get there around lunch Friday and stay til Sunday sometime. Give me a shout if your interested.

:xx:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thought I would go ahead and get a thread started for us down here. The NC and KY thread seem to working as it was intended.

Anyway, as of right now, me and a few friends are going to Coal Creek (Oliver Springs, Tn) this coming weekend. Plan to get there around lunch Friday and stay til Sunday sometime. Give me a shout if your interested.

:xx:
How was the ride? Sorry I couldn't make this one!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well work has been crap since the ride. Haven't had a chance to be on here at all.

Anyway, it was a great ride. It was a little cold in the mornings but warmed up nicely during the day. One of us really needs a go pro. We could of had some great footage. I got stuck trying to stay dry by going around a mud hole. It was actually gravel going straight through but slop on the side. Just my luck. Got winched. Then ran into winching machine (yeah Chuck same one that winched you) and broke DG bumper. Rode with nude frontend rest of weekend.
Got to ride a commander X. Its bad ass. Oh, that winch will also pull a burried commander out(no i didn't get it stuck).
Like I said, wished we had a go pro. Great weekend and fun was had by all. Hate all the TN guys missed it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm bout 30 miles north of nashville so around 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. Been a while since I been down there so don't really remember.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Where do ya'll ride at? I've got family in Bolivar so I'm down there quite a bit. I wouldnt mind trying out some new places. We always go to Royal Blue, or Brimstone, sometimes Coal Creek when I'm ready to replace parts:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How long would it take you to get to Land Between the Lakes? We might be able to get a weekend down there this spring.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May be planning a coal creek ride at the end of next week. I'll keep yall posted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Headed to Coal Creek(Oliver Springs Tn) in the morning. Gonna ride tomorrow and Thursday if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I cant go for a while. I broke my mastercylinder putting my ASV levers on and the new one wont be in till next week. I also have the Teryx tore down to do a 4" chop on the roll cage. So it will be a few before I can go. We have a Royal Blue ride set up for Jan 21. We tried to go this past Sunday but was afraid to get on 75 outside of Knoxville. So instead of riding I was breaking parts and making a mess of a perfectly good UTV! I might try to get a ride in after New Years, maybe LBL for a quick fix.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate to hear that. I don't have any spares you could use either. I tried to break mine today too. I was just trying to clean the air filter. That stupid phillips head screw that holds the bracket in the air box stripped the head out. Finally got it out and replaced it with a SS cap screw. That won't happen again.
I'm probably gonna take my step son to LBL this Friday. He is still learning on the 90. This will be his first "official" ride. I was still to afraid to take him with us to Coal Creek. Hope you get ur stuff fixed soon.
BTW keep me updated bout Royal Blue. We may want to go if the funds allow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Nikki. I have a couple more from today I'll try to get on, or I'll just send them to you since you do such an amazing job. Those phone pics actually look better than I thought they would.

The above pics are from 12/29 on trail 16. The riding conditions changed every few miles which made for a challenging but awesome ride. Started out a little muddy but as we went higher it changed to ice then snow further up. Rode several trails then went up to see the wind mills. Gravel rode was solid ice, cold as hell, wind howling, and we were in the clouds. You can get to within 50 yards of the closest mill but we couldn't even see its base. Could hear it spinning though. The last trail we hit yesterday on the way to the truck was 22. Its was on the sunny side of the mountain and the ground had thawed. Long story short, it was sticky mud that would sling up off the fronts in clumps bigger than softballs. Had to stop several times to shovel those stock heel guards off. It piled up so much it would push my feet off the pegs. Tires even grew 3 or 4 inches in diameter. Today everthing had thawed. It was MUDDDDIEEE. First thing off the trailer I had to shovel about a 100 pounds of mud off the heal guards and fenders. Wasn't long it was back. The trails we rode yesterday were a different challenge today. I did get stuck once on a big hill. Stupid dunflops (bald at that) turned me crossways. Almost couldn't get going again. Kendas should be here tomorrow.
We had alot of fun and no one got hurt. Headed to LBL in the morning. It will take months to get that thing clean again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to say hi to the tenn crowd. I am from jackson tn so if anyone out there is close by maybe we can get a ride goin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone from the west tn/ken group let me know when we can get a ride goin.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Headed to LBL in a few minutes if anyone gonna b out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yo! Tennessee.... Memorial Day weekend?

Is anyone out there doing any riding for Memorial Day weekend?

Lookin' for some peeps to ride with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts