Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks, great advice, I adjusted my shocks, and I'm steering great. I would have been comepletly lost.. My first IRS bike. You guys are what make this site great. My 24x10x11 mudlites are working out just fine. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!
Oh, YHEA, Thanks to Simplyorange too, his shock adjust info was right on the money.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
No Problemo!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would you mind posting what settings you put your springs at?
Well, like I said, i'm new to this IRS world, so my method is probably not the best or easiest way, but it worked....
First the rear. I losened the lock nut and spun it all the way up, till it stopped, i turned the spring load nut down till i had 1/2 inch between the nuts, then spun the lock nut down tight to the other. the front I only left 1/4 inch between, just to try and help with body roll. It really seemed to improve my understeer, I don't think there is a way to eliminate it, but I'm satisfied with the results.let me know if you find a better setting, i'm going to continue fooling with it with hopes of getting it even better without riding like it has stone wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Well, like I said, i'm new to this IRS world, so my method is probably not the best or easiest way, but it worked....
First the rear. I losened the lock nut and spun it all the way up, till it stopped, i turned the spring load nut down till i had 1/2 inch between the nuts, then spun the lock nut down tight to the other. the front I only left 1/4 inch between, just to try and help with body roll. It really seemed to improve my understeer, I don't think there is a way to eliminate it, but I'm satisfied with the results.let me know if you find a better setting, i'm going to continue fooling with it with hopes of getting it even better without riding like it has stone wheels.
My Kenda klaws made a huge difference up front. That combined with the riding style I explained has worked really well. Anymore questions ask freely. I know EVERYONE on this site loves to help and discuss this machine. Good luck!

·
Registered
528 Posts
anytime, i tried the same settings in sand yesterday and even with paddles on the rear and stock front it was a dramatic improvement in control over my stock settings and stock rear wheels.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a couple of crappy pics. of my mudlites. sorry, for them being so crappy, i took them with my cellphone,(couldn't find the wifes camera). Will post better pics. later. I love the big tires, I'm glad you guys could help me improve my push problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Here is a couple of crappy pics. of my mudlites. sorry, for them being so crappy, i took them with my cellphone,(couldn't find the wifes camera). Will post better pics. later. I love the big tires, I'm glad you guys could help me improve my push problem.
Yeah, i'd like to see more pics too! I think 23" tires on the front of that would make it look even better!

·
Registered
183 Posts
just adjusted the preload to 1/4" in the front and 1/2" in the back... it really seemed to reduce the body roll but still be cushy enough for most trail riding. taking it to the dunes tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts