Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried this today. The picture and sound seem terrible to me but here it is .
did about 2 hours on the track and got the perfect lap in and my GoPro shut down after 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkOVqN8b2U

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i started the 700xx handled terriable . I was running my XC setup and didn't realize how bad this was . Changed a few things and it really is good on a mx track. The weight issue kept popping up and that was my only problem. Ohh and there was a cold wind and now have chaffed nipples :)cry:).
Cheers Dagirl and thank you for making me buy a gopro, as for putting the 700xx on a mx track . i am blaming 420quadrider360 , I was thinking about doing this and watched his video and thought "Why not".
420quadrider360 I hope to see you doing this very soon. Be well my friend.:D

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
When i started the 700xx handled terriable . I was running my XC setup and didn't realize how bad this was . Changed a few things and it really is good on a mx track. The weight issue kept popping up and that was my only problem. Ohh and there was a cold wind and now have chaffed nipples :)cry:).
Cheers Dagirl and thank you for making me buy a gopro, as for putting the 700xx on a mx track . i am blaming 420quadrider360 , I was thinking about doing this and watched his video and thought "Why not".
420quadrider360 I hope to see you doing this very soon. Be well my friend.:D
what did you change..besides the tires?
Chaffed nipples...poor chap...use utter cream:D
I am VERY happy you got a gopro:yay:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Baxter, sweet vid. I'd love to take the 450R there, looks like a very fast track. And Dagirl is right about utter cream. I use it all the time (not necessarily for chafed nips though hehe), but I got this stuff called Udderly Smooth (an ex gf's mom introduced me to it), and the stuff is amazing.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
what did you change..besides the tires?
Chaffed nipples...poor chap...use utter cream:D
I am VERY happy you got a gopro:yay:
I used my XC tyres 22"front and 20" rear Kenda Klaws.
When I first went out the bugger would not turn or slide so I did the following :

Front tyre pressure : 10 psi
Rear tyre pressure : 7 psi instead of 10 psi
Added 10mm of preload to the front Elkas and run rebound 20 clicks out instead of 32 clicks. should have bought the stage 2 or 3's.
Set rear preload on stock shocks to 0.
Moved rear brake pedal up 10mm

This made a big differance in handling.:D
I have not rode a quad on a motocross track since Sept 08 but still remember walking like "John Wayne" for 2 days afterwards.

Here is another short vid from Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGcQhfKUwRM

crwh45 , The track is a great track but can bite you in the butt if you do not respect it . I raced here in 2008 and it is a great track for the 450r . You spend most of the lap sideways.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the first video sounded like 20,000 leagues under the sea,the second one was better,hope that guy is alright ,hes lucky nobody jumped on him, that didnt sound like the barker was it before you got it?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Barker is running perfect. I had the GoPro mounted just above the front light . The sound is aliens contacting me through my mind.:lmao:

The guy on the floor had a broken arm and maybe a broken pelvis. I am waiting to hear.

Next time I will put the Go Pro on my helmet then you can see the body movement needed to try this. :D

P.S. Running the QC insert

·
Registered
179 Posts
Great 2nd video. I did a double take when I saw the guy laying on the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you said body movement...:hey:

sorry could resist...did I miss Monday night beer time??? bollix...
I call it the "wiggle n giggle". It feels so good when you get it right.
There are 52 mondays a year so no worries. :D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Wow, never saw guys riding backwards on a MX track, usually they get off to the side when they are going to check out a wreck, but then again, it is just like when someone gets in an accident on the road, every other damn car has to go 2mph (about 3.2kph for you baxter LOL) to check it out and take damn pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.