Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried this today. The picture and sound seem terrible to me but here it is .
did about 2 hours on the track and got the perfect lap in and my GoPro shut down after 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkOVqN8b2U

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i started the 700xx handled terriable . I was running my XC setup and didn't realize how bad this was . Changed a few things and it really is good on a mx track. The weight issue kept popping up and that was my only problem. Ohh and there was a cold wind and now have chaffed nipples :)cry:).
Cheers Dagirl and thank you for making me buy a gopro, as for putting the 700xx on a mx track . i am blaming 420quadrider360 , I was thinking about doing this and watched his video and thought "Why not".
420quadrider360 I hope to see you doing this very soon. Be well my friend.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
what did you change..besides the tires?
Chaffed nipples...poor chap...use utter cream:D
I am VERY happy you got a gopro:yay:
I used my XC tyres 22"front and 20" rear Kenda Klaws.
When I first went out the bugger would not turn or slide so I did the following :

Front tyre pressure : 10 psi
Rear tyre pressure : 7 psi instead of 10 psi
Added 10mm of preload to the front Elkas and run rebound 20 clicks out instead of 32 clicks. should have bought the stage 2 or 3's.
Set rear preload on stock shocks to 0.
Moved rear brake pedal up 10mm

This made a big differance in handling.:D
I have not rode a quad on a motocross track since Sept 08 but still remember walking like "John Wayne" for 2 days afterwards.

Here is another short vid from Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGcQhfKUwRM

crwh45 , The track is a great track but can bite you in the butt if you do not respect it . I raced here in 2008 and it is a great track for the 450r . You spend most of the lap sideways.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Barker is running perfect. I had the GoPro mounted just above the front light . The sound is aliens contacting me through my mind.:lmao:

The guy on the floor had a broken arm and maybe a broken pelvis. I am waiting to hear.

Next time I will put the Go Pro on my helmet then you can see the body movement needed to try this. :D

P.S. Running the QC insert

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you said body movement...:hey:

sorry could resist...did I miss Monday night beer time??? bollix...
I call it the "wiggle n giggle". It feels so good when you get it right.
There are 52 mondays a year so no worries. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts