Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Wellsville yesterday ( http://www.dravendio.com/wellsville/page3.php ). WOW! That place is awesome. If you ever get the chance to go, do it, but bring a GPS because nothing is marked. And becareful cause it will bite you hard. One of my buddys I was with rolled his Kingquad 750 down a hill end over end about 10 times. It only had 200 miles on it.

The XX is perfect for that place. Great power for climbing hills, and holy crap are there some hills there. Big rocks, boulders, and deep ruts were everywhere. I saw 450's stuck in places that didnt even slow the XX down. I was riding with 2 Kingquad 750's and a Polaris RZR. There was nothing they went through that I didnt follow them, and they all switched to 4x4 several times through the day. The XX didn't get stuck once. I blasted up the big hills way faster then they did, and they have much more riding experience then I do. I really love this thing.

I'd tell anyone considering getting an XX to just look at where you ride. If you ride smooth fast trails or sand dunes, get a Raptor. But if where you ride is ruts, boulders and rough, the XX is the only way to go.

Paul B

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ride in sand and have both a raptor and a few 700xx's and I just like the way the Honda handles compared to the Raptor 700R.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad to see that Wellsville is mentioned on this forum, and yes, this place is the real deal in riding. I have been to all 6 Hatfield McCoy trailhead systems, and I definitely think that Wellsville tops HFM in difficulty including all black/red trails (which I have done on a sportsquad). Many hill climbs and technical trails here. No rookie belongs at Wellsville.

Also, I agree with the 700xx being a great ride here. I just got mine about a month ago to replace my Raptor 660. A noticable difference in all around performance, especially hill climbs. I would recommend a 700xx in any place like HFM or Wellsville type terrain.

Honda = for the win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts