Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've talked to all my friends. Some have over 30 years of snowmobile experience and they've never seen this happen. Looks like I'm out of the group buy for the EHS controller. I was miles away from my truck and just had a bad feeling, didn't feel like riding anymore. I was near my truck and felt a horrible vibration at high speeds. I got back to my truck and took it out for one more blast. About a 150 ft. from my truck the secondary shaft ripped in two. Thank god I was went back for no apparent reason. A public works guy showed with a 4x4 gator and helped me tow it and load it in my truck!:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
yikes..wonder what made it shear like that?

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yikes..wonder what made it shear like that?
No idea, All the bearings seem fine but I dont think a small seized bearing is strong enough to rip the secondary shaft in two. Since the bearings are no longer true due to the secondary shaft flopping around I had to order new ones. I pulled the exhaust and gear case cover today. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.... I hope:eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
dude, I had something like that happen on my cat last winter 2 days before I was selling it. Only it was the primary shaft. Funny thing is, I was in the middle of the adirondacks in upstate NY, 75 miles from anything that looked recognizable. I had two buddies pull me for about 40 miles to a road using their sleds (5 hours later) and just had someone happen to drive by and let me use there phone. In my case tho, it was determined that my shaft just was bad. As in apparently there was a pre-existing flaw, and it just broke. Almost as if someone had cut it near the bearing plate. Good luck with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts