Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I be a able to check if the thermostats bad? I have honestly no idea what's going on with my overheating issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think I figured out the overheating problem, however it seems the xx is bogging in 4th and 5th. I don't know if I'm going to keep the xx for much longer. Too many problems keep popping up

·
Registered
640 Posts
why does it even have a thermostat ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you cleaned the radiator fins? You should be able to see light through the radiator. Mud could be preventing air from getting through the radiator.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well I think I figured out the overheating problem, however it seems the xx is bogging in 4th and 5th. I don't know if I'm going to keep the xx for much longer. Too many problems keep popping up
bogging ?? to much gas ......or to little ? if it were running lean it would be hotter . is the head pipe blue ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bogging ?? to much gas ......or to little ? if it were running lean it would be hotter . is the head pipe blue ?
Im stupid, it wasnt bogging i just forgot to put the airbox cover back on:| but the head is black/ maybe blue? ill have to look. and its still over heating, less often. its like the resi isnt putting antifreeze back into the rad and its all spraying out of the overflow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you cleaned the radiator fins? You should be able to see light through the radiator. Mud could be preventing air from getting through the radiator.
I have no idea, im about to go power wash it so ill let you know, but its also losing antifreeze... so

1 - 9 of 9 Posts